May 16, 2007

Look at that Shiner!

I won't be surprised if we get a phone call from CPS threatening to take Cameron and put him in a safer environment because of the abuse he receives on a weekly if not daily basis.

This child is so accident prone and comes up with the craziest situations that give him the worst bruises! Remember this one? I wish I had a picture of the bruised ear he had a couple of years ago after falling into the coffee table. It was a winner!
Well, this time, he was playing at recess with all of his buddies. Apparently they were playing freeze tag. His best friend, Carson, froze right in Cameron's running path and his eye collided with Carson's head! It sent them both to the ground and when they got up, Carson was fine and Cameron was sent to the office to get iced. Mrs. Fort told me today that they hit hard and she could tell it was going to leave a mark on Cameron. But she said he was so brave, she could tell it hurt so bad but he never shed a tear!


We can handle the bruises, poor guy, I'm just surprised he's never broken a bone or had stitches! Where's some wood?






P.S. I showed Cameron this post I did with the music and he wanted me to add a boxing picture to it. So we did! He loved it!

10 comments:

tharker said...

Holy cow!!!! Get that kid a slab of meat! Poor Cameron. And poor Carson too, that had to hurt as well.

Way to be brave Cameron!

Kris said...

WOW! That face looks bad. OUCH! Glad that they are both OK. Love the Rocky Music. It's perfect!!

::lindsay said...

Oh my!!! I can't believe it's that bad! Both my kids have like the hardest noggins ever! Carson doesn't even have a mark. Poor Cameron.

Sarah said...

I love how he is smiling with that huge shiner in the picture. All of his buddies will probably be telling him how tough he looks tomorrow.

p.s. I'm excited to make my bread tomorrow!

Marilyn said...

You know you have a cute kid, when he still looks handsome with a black eye! Poor kid.

dandee said...

Love the music and love the boxing picture! Cameron is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!!!!!...I am coming to move that child into a safer environment...he can live with Gram!!:) This took my breath away!!
That looks like it hurt so bad!!! Poor guy! Tell him Gram is SOOOOO Sorry!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the boxing picture. He even has the facial expression down to a T (not Mr T though- more like Rocky).

Alicia Leppert said...

Poor Cameron. If he ever needs a safe haven, he can come to our house. (One trip to the emergency room with a sliced eyebrow doesn't count for anything, does it?) The best part is that he asked you to add the boxing picture. So cute.

Jessica said...

What a cutie, (even with a black eye!) I love this post. The music makes it!!

Yeah so I have finally broke my code of silence on your blog! LOL!
I do love reading it though!! :)