May 13, 2007

To My Mom

Amazing, admired,
Brave, beautiful
Caring, courteous, creative
Dear to me,

dedicated
Eloquent, elegant
Feminine, faithful
Genuine, Gram

Heroic, helpful, honest
Ideal, inspiring

Joyous, jovial
Kind,knowledgeable
Lovely, ladylike
Motherly, marvelous
Nice, noble
Open, oneself

Polite, proud
Qualified, quite special
Religious, rock
Spiritual, self-driven

Talented, thankful

Unmeasurable,
ultra special
Valuable
Warm, worthy

Xtra special

Young at heart
Zestful
I am so grateful for you and hope you know how much I love you! Happy Mother's Day!

14 comments:

meohmyers said...

The perfectionist in me is going crazy with how the words line up against the pictures! I've tried fixing it for like a half hour and everything I do makes it worse! So you get the idea, I'll have to leave it alone. Happy Mother's Day anyway!!

Alicia Leppert said...

This is soooo awesome! How on earth did you do that with the pictures in the first place?! Your mom is so beautiful! She looks like she could have been a model in those black and whites! Was she a nurse?
Oh, and I like the new profile pic!

meohmyers said...

I centered all the pictures but when I put them with the words, I put a picture beside each word and it staggered it like this. I like how the pictures look but it screwed up some of the words, oh well.

Thanks, I think she's beautiful, too. She was a nurse for a short time.

Why is my profile pic the only one disappearing on me? I can't find one that will stick!!

Heather said...

Looks great. I CANNOT figure out the word spacing sometimes too. It will totally bunch things together and it drives me crazy.

Great tribute. I see the "Madster" in some of those pictures.

Sarah said...

You look so much like your mom. I loved how you did this and I loved all of the pictures. Hope you are having a happy Mother's Day!

tharker said...

This was amazing! It's funny because I've always thought Brady was a little clone of Jeff, but I can even see him in some of the pictures of your mom. Especially the color school picture, she looks about the same age as Brady is now. And I agree with Heather, I see a lot of Maddie in her too.

The word spacing thing drives me nuts too.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Wow, how did you get all those pictures? I might have to copy them onto my computer. Thanks for showing them off. She looks great and I agree with you!

Anonymous said...

Okay...now I am sitting here at my desk bawling!! Everyone is asking..."what's wrong???" I can barely speak...I am overwhelmed!! I had no clue you had all those pictures!!! Thank you for doing that...it is just the kindest tribute!! What a surprise!! I love you baby girl!!

dandee said...

What a sweet post! Happy Mother's Day Kim!

S. Schuller said...

I love your old pictures! What a neat thing to do for your Mother on Mother's Day! Very cool.

Sarah

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh, I forgot to add how awesome the alphabet thing was and how much those baby pictures of your mom look like Maddie!! Crazy! Oh, how did she like the gift?

Chris said...

Wow. The Mother's Day card we mailed off looks pretty pathetic now.

Kris said...

Kim,
It's so fun to see all of these pictures of your mom's childhood! It looks like you have a great relationship with her. I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Marilyn said...

I LOVE the way those pictures turned out. Awesome! Very nice tribute to your mother.