May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Jackpot!

Well, Sunday morning rolls around and Ally came up to me in my bed and said, "Mommy, I'm not going to tell you what we're doing for you but don't get up, okay? Oh and Happy Mother's Day!" So I'm lying in bed, listening to the sounds of clanking dishes and kids laughing downstairs and asked Jeff, "What do you think they're making me?" He said, "I have no idea. Maybe I should go supervise." So he gets up and heads downstairs when I get up to go to the bathroom. While I'm in there, Ally came running back upstairs and said, "Hey! Mom! I told you not to get up! Hurry and get back in bed!" So I get back in bed when Cameron said, "Mom! Don't look!! Brady forgot the spoon!" So I had to walk blindly back into bed and had my awesome homemade - completely by the kids without Jeff's help - breakfast brought to me!

This is what they made for me: a toasted bagel with sugar free strawberry jam, 2 rice krispie treats, and a bowl of Raisin Bran with whole milk. They brought me the food on the "special" plate - a plate designated for the special person for their special day - all by themselves! Maddie helped herself to one of my rice krispie treats before I could get the picture. And I tried, but I just couldn't gag down the whole milk in the cereal so Cameron ate that for me. It's just the thought that counts, right? I loved that they did it all by themselves and they were so excited to bring it to me in bed!
Of course the gifts poured in all weekend, like homemade cards, drawings, plants, special gifts the kids had worked on at school with their teachers. I love these gifts! They are so excited to give them to me and I love how unique each one is. Mother's Day was extra special this year.
But it didn't stop there. Jeff kindly told me to go shopping - an extremely rare permissable treat - and pick out a new outfit for myself! Wow! I love picking out new clothes. I just don't know what to get! A new dress for church? Capris and a t-shirt? I desperately need a new swimsuit! Should I get that now or wait till my birthday? Oh, the options are killing me!

Hope you all had a Happy Mother's Day, too!!

8 comments:

tharker said...

Picturing you trying to gag down the milk is pretty amusing. I love your expression in this picture, you look so happy! Not to mention beautiful for just waking up. Hello!

Your kids gifts look so sweet, and Jeff's gift is pretty awesome too! I say go for the swimsuit. Layersclothing.com has some super cute suits. Enjoy your shopping day!

Marilyn said...

Tiffani stole the words right out of my mouth. Holy cow, you look amazing just waking up. Are you sure you didn't put makeup on before the kids came in?

Very sweet children. Happy (late) Mothers Day.

Alicia Leppert said...

How awesome. That is the sweetest thing. I love the rice krispy treats and whole milk! Gotta love the innocence of kids! And way to go Jeff! I say go with the t-shirt and capris, something you can enjoy any day.

Kris said...

I love hearing about everyone's Mother's Day. Your sounds so delightful! I love the shopping dilemma. I do that a lot too, question what I should get first or what is most practical! Very hard, but fun to have the excitement of something new! Glad you had a great day!

dandee said...

Your children are so sweet! Have fun shopping!

Sarah said...

This is a classic moment. Your kids were so thoughtful to do that for you.And I think your husband has the right idea to have you go shopping to pick something out that you want. Hey, if you find good enough sales you could get more than one outfit!

S. Schuller said...

I wish I looked that good upon waking!

Shayla said...

I love the special day plate. We need one of those at our house. I have been given the same "mission" from my hubby for mother's day...to go out and buy myself some new clothes. Wanna go shopping? :-)