April 18, 2007

duck...duck...GOOSE!


I love getting the spring school pictures back. It's the one where the cute backdrop is provided and they do more of a full body shot and pose. They always turn out so cute. So this year, Cameron is only in Kindergarten and he was so excited for picture day. It's also when they take the class pictures, too. So I get him all ready for school that morning, hair combed, teeth brushed, practice smiling the right way - no nose scrunching or surprise eyes - and send him off to catch the bus. (He wore this shirt and Brady wore the same one but in blue. It's always nice to coordinate outfits for the wall.) So right as I'm getting ready to hop in the shower, there's a knock on the door. It was Cameron, tears streaming down his face, and the HUGEST GOOSE EGG on his forehead! I said, "What in the world just happened?!?", as I'm running to get an ice pack for the lump on his forehead. He said, "I tripped on the concrete and landed on my head! Is it bleeding? I don't want to look! Can I still go get my pictures? Is it cracked open? I don't want to miss my pictures with my class! (Gasp) Is it going to show in my pictures? I don't want anyone to see it!" I'm trying to console him, icing what has now turned into the size of a small country on his forehead, and also try to prepare him for what's sure to show up in his pictures. We just got them back yesterday and sure enough, the goose egg shows up as clear as day. (It's much more noticable in person.) But it adds character and will forever be the reminder to us of what an energetic, little ball of fire we have come to love as our Cameron.

7 comments:

dandee said...

Why do things like that always seem to happen on important days?

I can barely see the goose egg in the picture. Cameron's adorable smile is too distracting.

Shayla said...

What a handsome guy, even with the goose egg. :)

Alicia Leppert said...

When did this happen?! Poor guy. I can't believe in the few minutes he was outside he managed to do that on picture day! I didn't even notice the bump in the picture til I read the story. Way cute picture.
I remember helping Amy get her boys ready for their family picture when Cayden was about 18 months and trying to get him to hold still so I could put cover-up on this huge goose egg on his head. It was pretty comical.

Heather said...

Too bad about the goose egg. I think its so cute that he was so worried about it ruining his picture.

Marilyn said...

Cute story, one for the memory books and it always helps to have a picture to prove it.

Cameron is a handsome little kindergartner!

tharker said...

When I saw the picture all I could focus on was what a great smile he had for school pictures. It wasn't forced or strained, and his eyes were open! I didn't even see the goose egg until I read further. Even with a bump the size of a small country, he's still one handsome boy!

Chris said...

Great picture Cameron. You'll always remember that one. Those are some nice Supersonic colors on your shirt too.