October 30, 2006

Watch Out for Flying Eyeballs!

Brady has an amazing arm. He even has great accuracy. Jeff has his sights on having a star quarterback or pitcher in the future. On Sunday, since church starts right before the sun is setting, we have lots and lots of time to kill in the morning. Cameron found a sticky eyeball in his loot from the trunk-or-treat the night before and we were finding all sorts of places to throw the eyeball and watch it stick, like the walls, the ceiling, the fridge. Then the boys were having a great time seeing who could splat the eyeball the hardest onto the sliding glass door and it soon became a competition. I figured I could just wash the door later to get rid of the splatted eyeball remains since it was keeping them occupied and laughing. So the game then turned into who could splat it the hardest and the highest on the door. Brady of course is winning this little competition but everyone is having a fun time watching. So when this eyeball splatting game finally came to an end, I thought it would be safe to walk across the playing field when lo and behold something splats right onto my head! I reach up to my right ear while saying "What the?!" and try to pull the splatted eyeball out of my hair. Of course the boys think it was hilarious and Brady is rolling on the floor laughing but so proud of his accuracy. He was so accurate, he actually popped my eardrum and it sounded like I was in a tunnel for the next 18 hours! Of course it hurt, my ear was ringing all day yesterday, and the tunnel sound effects of all the conversations I had finally came to an end right before bedtime. All I know is this little 7 year old has quite the arm and I hope that is the only time I'll ever be on the other end of his fastball!

4 comments:

tharker said...

Sounds like you need to wear a helmet at all times! Sorry about your ear, glad to hear you're out of the tunnnel though!

Stacia said...

Yikes! I hate that feeling when your ears are popped like that! Glad to hear it's over. So was the slider door easy to clean? :)

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That sounds painful!

emahaf said...

Sorry about the ear. That sounds like a miserable feeling to experience for so long. but at least you are over the worst