October 24, 2006

Not by the Hair on My Chinny Chin Chin

Ok, I know I've reached my thirties, not just barely, but I'm IN my thirties. That in and of itself is quite depressing. I still think of myself as a 26 year-old. I look in the mirror and am quickly reminded that I'm definitely not in my 20s anymore.

I have 4 kids so I know I should be a little older but what I can't stand is that my body realizes I'm not in my 20s anymore either. I don't know if having a baby in your 30s does this to everybody but now I'm fat, my eyesight is getting worse for things that are close-up, my smile lines are getting deeper, age spots are popping up here and there, I still get zits when it's that time of the month, not to mention the stray black hair I had to pluck from my chin the other day. It wasn't just a fine, feathery barely noticable out of place hair. It was a full on coarse, straight, thick, dark black hair about a 1/2 inch long! You would think I was saving it to add beads to so I could dress up like Captain Jack Sparrow for Halloween. Why didn't anyone tell me it was there? I know some of you are thinking right now, "Oh good! She finally plucked the beard from her chin!"

I've reached the point in my life where my tweezers aren't just for my eyebrows anymore. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need bifocals soon, I'll probably have to start wearing depends because of the incontinence that's right around the corner, and don't forget the joys of hot flashes, too! I know that plucked black hair on my chin was just the beginning of the woes of aging. But come on, I'm only 32!

3 comments:

tharker said...

Hey Captain Jack!!
Don't you just love the joys of aging? Why is it that the zits never go away? Hello, we're not 14 anymore, go away already! And by the way, you always look beautiful, hairy chin and all. :)

tharker said...

What was it you told me that your Mom always said? "Beauty Hurts"? Too true, too true.

emahaf said...

growing older is never fun, I intend to hit 30 very unhappily and then have a huge party to celebrate that from every year after that i will be either 26, 27, and maybe 28. we will just have to see.