Somedays there's just no pleasing her! Like this morning, I'm trying to find something for her to wear because while she's watching My Little Pony, she wants me to bring her her clothes. So I toss down a cute fleece sweatshirt with matching pants and socks. It's getting cooler outside so I thought it would be appropriate.
"NNNOOOO!!!! I don't LLIIIIKE this shirt!!!!" Right away an unconsolable cry starts brewing.
"Why not? It's so cute with those pants."
"BEEEECUZZZZZ! I just don't LLLIIIIKE it I said!"
"Well, too bad, you have to wear it."
"NNNNOOOOO! I don't WAAAAANT to!"
"Fine then you go pick out something to wear."
"I can't REEEEEAAAACH my SSHHHHIRRRRTS!"
"OK you better stop with all this whining! How do you ask for help?"
"PLLLLEEEAAASSSSE?"
"Nicely."
"Please."
"OK let's find a different shirt."
So we find another shirt, one that isn't fleece but still matches the pants, and we're okay till I tell her I need to comb her hair.
"But Mom, you combed it yesterday!"
"I know, but we need to comb it everyday!"
"But I don't WAAAANNNT you to comb my hair!" She starts crying again.
"Sorry, Ally, you can't go to school till we comb your hair."
So then we are trying to agree on how to comb her hair. Is it so bad that I don't want her to wear the orange barrettes with the pink and purple outfit? I know it wouldn't have been that big of a deal but it needs to match! So she wasn't happy until I told her she could wear one of my necklaces to preschool. Then she was all smiles and the tantrum stopped.
Is anyone else dreading life with teenagers when kids can be so moody as a 4 year-old?
5 comments:
Aren't girls fun??? It starts way too young if you ask me. But I'm sure our mothers said the same thing about us : )
You're scaring me! Right now I'm having so much fun with Alyssa...I don't ever want all that to start!
right now I am so happy that there are just boys in my house. they get moody, but i am hoping to skip the girl teenage years.
Eden you just cursed yourself there. The next one is definitly a girl.
I never thought my sweet darling little Ally would ever be moody either! Just watch out! And Eden...I think it's a girl, too!!
Post a Comment