October 19, 2006

Am I Crazy?



Jeff grew up with a Samoyed and just LOVED that dog. (Anyone remember Vic?) He insists it's the best breed of dog out there and has wanted a dog our whole marriage. We tried a dog once but it just didn't work out. We hurried and found a new home for it only 2 months after we got it. That was 5 years ago. So now we have a cat. Well the neighborhood has a cat, I should say. We just store it's food and water on our back patio. Jeff's birthday is coming up and I've looked into a few breeders that have Samoyed puppies available. They're so expensive but I know he'd just love it, not to mention our kids, too. What should I do?

4 comments:

tharker said...

You're not crazy, it is a beautiful breed. Go ahead, get that dog! Keep in mind this is coming from me. We've only had our dog for 7 months now and there are days, many days that I want to open the gate and let it free! But I've become really attached to him and even though he drives me nutty sometimes he's a keeper.

susie said...

First, hope Jeff doesn't read your blog! Then, think long and hard. Don't just think about the expression on his face when you give him that adorable dog. Also think about the poop, the pee, the drool, the shedding, the chewing, the walks, and then the "what do we do with him when we go on a long trip?" etc. etc. I always had a dog growing up and have always wanted one. But, the details keep getting to me. So, just think long and hard about everything and then make your decision!

emahaf said...

the dog looks great and i am sure jeff will love it. and as long as you are not the only one doing doggy duty. meaning jeff and the kids have to do their fare share, it sounds like a great idea

Stacia said...

Awww I remember Vic! He was the best! Google the breed and find out what their common ailments are, like arthritis or whatever. So you know what vet bills you will face. I know you read my blog entry on dogs... But I agree it looks like that would be a fun breed. Would he be an indoor dog or outdoor? I am pretty sure Vic was a digger, so you gotta think about your yard too. And kids coming in the house after they stepped in poo. But if you do give Jeff a puppy for his b-day, wrap a big red bow around his neck! A white puppy with a red bow sound so cute!! :) Oh and you HAVE to put a microchip in him! Cause they like to run far!