Remember
this post from last year? Well, looks like we have a back to back champion here. Brady took first place in the Pinewood Derby again this year! But I reminded him that although his car took first place in our ward derby last year, it didn't win a single race at districts. So, stay humble, Brady!

I thought the scouts did a great job on their cars this year! It's fun to know this group of boys so well and watch them grow up together. Cameron can't wait to be in scouts in August. He's going to have so much fun with this group of kids. Problem is, he's already assumed a first place finish in next year's derby. We know the competition will be fierce! We hope he won't be disappointed if a first place finish isn't taken!

The Blue and Gold Banquet was held right before the Pinewood Derby and Brady received lots of belt loops. So it looks like a lot but it was from things he passed off the entire year.

Here he is receiving his Wolf pin and putting it on me upside down. I remember when the cubmaster used to hold the child upside down to pin it on their mother. Wonder why they don't do that anymore.

Anyway, great job, Brady! You truly love scouts!
19 comments:
Oh this brings back the good old days when I was a den mom... even though I was 21 and not really a mom. :)
Congratulations! I just have one question -- why put the cub pin on mom upside down?
These are the days Kim. Enjoy every derby moment. Good job Brady.
So fun! C.J. won last year, too...but they're not doing one this year! Bummer!
Kristen - they put the pins on upside down because of the slogan, "Do a good turn daily." Once they do a good deed for mom, they turn the pin right side up and get the pin back.
Oops - I meant Kristi, not Kristen, but in case you were wondering too!
I can't believe he won first again! What's your secret? Way to go Brady!
Very nice song choice, Kim. Congratulations, Brady.
Good job on winning again. That is awesome. Are you serious, they held YOU upside down. or did you do a handstand? What, I'm confused. The boy is supposed to be upside down right? I was in scouts for a year, but no boys of my own, so I still dont get it.
Looks like you had a great night of scouts. Good Job!!
Way to go Brady! That's great that he enjoys scouts so much.
I never knew that was why they put the pin on upside down either. Thanks Kim!
Great job Brady!!!
What a fun Pine Wood Derby. That's cool that Brady did so awesome 2 years in a row. I love a little kid in a Cub Uniform!
Brynnley - they used to hold the boy upside down while he pinned his mom but I haven't seen them do that here. I would lhardly be game for that if they made me stand upside down!! So Brady was putting the pin upside down on my jacket. Has he gotten it back yet? Nope. I need to tell this boy to get crackin' and do me a good deed!! :)
Wow! Congrats to Brady!
I'm sorry if you felt like you needed to defend yourself. I was just trying to explain why he got so many belt loops at once. I changed the way I worded it now.
If you've got it you've got it. Great job Brady!!
I was just going to tell you how much I love the new sepia pictures of your kids in your sidebar Kim! That picture of Maddie looks SO much like Ally! Your kids are absolutely beautiful.
Awww, thanks, Tiffani. You're so sweet for noticing!
Post a Comment