March 1, 2007

We Have Ourselves a Wiener!

Well, would you believe that at Brady's very first Pinewood Derby he took first place?!?! He was beyond thrilled that his car was winning but it actually was undefeated! 10-0! I was so excited for him, especially after the hard week he's been having at school. This definitely lifted his spirits and was the boost he needed.

He wanted his car to look like a hot dog and what's more perfect for a boy with the last name of Myers? I copied the Oscar Mayer logo and put his name in it instead. The hot dog is actually pvc pipe and the mustard is a telephone wire. We loved the way it turned out. Since his car took first place, now he gets to race it at the district competition. He's a wiener alright!

12 comments:

dandee said...

That is the coolest pinewood derby car I have ever seen! Congratulations Brady!

tharker said...

Congrats Brady! I love it! You are so creative Kim, I never would have thought of that. I bet this just made Brady's day. I like the new colors too!

Heather said...

I would never have thought that the hot dog car would not only look cool, but go fast as well. Way to go Brady!

Marilyn said...

Very cool derby car. I bet no one has ever had an oscar meyer weiner derby car!

PRP said...

That is awesome. Congrats to Brady and to you for coming up with something so clever.

Anonymous said...

That is really a great car. I am so excited for him. Way to go Brady!!! It is really creative

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! I can't believe he is undefeated! WAY TO GO Brady!!!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meohmyers said...

Thanks everyone! But I have to give Jeff some credit, too. He made the bun and thought of the pvc pipe. I just helped with the other details.

Danyelle - I miss your blog so much!! I looked forward to reading your awesome posts everyday but now for some reason it won't let me in! I've tried since I got back from Georgia and the same thing happens every single time! Your blog pops up for a second, long enough for me to read the title then automatically takes me to an expired page for mtv downloads. I have no idea why and it frustrates me! So my lack of comments on your blog isn't because I'm a blog snob, it's because I can't read it anymore! So sorry!

But the good news is after we sell this house, we're getting a new computer and hopefully that will take care of all my woes. :)

Alicia Leppert said...

Kim this is so awesome. I LOVE that Brady won first after his crappy week at school, I LOVE the hot dog car, sooo clever and I LOVE that you thought to do the Oscar Meyer logo with Brady's name instead. And I LOVE the "weiner" instead of "winner". What a cute and clever post. Congrats Brady!!

Chris said...

So I need to start commenting now that I have a blog. I remember the day I won the Pinewood Derby too. Remember Kim? They put my picture in the newspaper. In fact, it inspired me so much, I decided to drop out of scouting altogether. Ha! Hopefully Brady likes scouting more than I did.

Anonymous said...

the car is awesome!!! I marvel all the time at your creative ability!! I am sure Brady was thrilled!!