March 6, 2008

Make Mine a Meme

I've wondered what to post about lately. Do I take the challenge of finding 5 things I like about my face? Do I talk about my pre-plucked eyebrows and their amazing resemblance to Groucho Marx' moustache? Do I delve deeper and reflect on my parenting skills or lack thereof?

No, to all the above.

Instead I've wondered about meme's. I love those things! I know. What is it about finding out random facts about others that I find so fascinating? Do I really care what your bad habits are? Do I really care what you'd do with a million dollars? Do I really care what your favorite song was in the 8th grade?

Yes, to all the above!

So then I thought, who starts these meme's anyway? Where do they begin and who makes up the questions? Is there really the rule of tagging only 3 people on meme's? Who decides the rules? Probably just some random person, right? Well, I thought, hey! I'm random! I can come up with some random questions with some rules to tagging!

So here's my meme. This one started right here on this blog. I've never seen another one like it so I'm taking the credit for this one. And my rule is this: If you're reading and would like to play along (or just need something to post about) then consider yourself tagged by me. Answer the questions and then tag whomever reads your blog, too, or tag specific people. I don't mind. That's the rule.

Answer 3 things for each category.
I can
1. still help my kids with their homework - I might not always be able to say this!
2. assemble large toys or furniture by myself and actually enjoy it
3. make a mean turtle brownie cake

I can't
1. dive
2. throw
3. save

I should
1. brush 3x daily
2. make dinner earlier
3. stop complaining to everyone

I could
1. have been a speech pathologist
2. function on little sleep if I have to
3. watch live TV but choose not to

I would
1. stop weighing myself every morning if I weren't so obsessed with my weight
2. only eat healthy foods if I had any self control
3. like to travel more

I will
1. wake up on time
2. make my kids lunches everyday next week
3. keep the laundry current

I won't
1. gossip anymore
2. cut my hair super short ever again
3. sweat the small stuff

I want
1. my kids to always stay close to the gospel
2. to be completely debt-free
3. these kidney stones to pass

I crave
1. french fries
2. avocado egg rolls
3. sunshine

I hear
1. the computer softly humming
2. Spongebob singing, "It's the Best Day Ever".
3. kids playing outside

I smell
1. clean laundry
2. Pub Mix on my fingers
3. my perfume

I see
1. the sun shining through the windows
2. a mess on my computer desk
3. blue skies

I am
1. busy
2. content
3. hungry

I was
1. extremely shy as a child
2. overweight
3. overwhelmed

I hope
1. to maintain weight loss for life
2. to get caught up on food storage
3. to finish reading the Book of Mormon before our big trip

I love
1. my husband
2. my kids
3. my religion



There you have it! What do you think your answers will be? Get thinking, and then pass the fun along on your blog. Unless I'm the only one that loves doing and reading these things!

19 comments:

Sarah said...

Kim I loved your version of this! Simple, but creative and interesting. Your answers are so relateable, I could have written some of these answers myself, especially the answers you wrote for what you're craving. YUM!!!

Heather said...

Fun... maybe I'll try it sometime soon.

Kris said...

Yea, for another MeMe. I loved this one the best. Thanks Kim for sharing! I liked all of your answers, and I really liked how you thought of doing your own version!

Alicia Leppert said...

I love this!! I'm so excited to do this I'm going to do it right now!

And seriously, I've heard so much about these avacado egg rolls, I am so curious to see what all the hype is about.

Jan said...

Awesome Kim. What a nifty idea for a new take on getting to know ya. Your so creative. Loved your answers too. Fun

tharker said...

I love this one! Great job Miss Creative! This will be the next meme I do.

Alica, you MUST find your way to a Cheesecake Factory SOON. The Avocado Eggrolls are worth every single mile...and calorie!!!

Marilyn said...

Great idea Kim to create your own meme (I really dislike that word.)

Hmmmm, avacado eggrols!!!!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Wow, very creative Kim! I love it. Sometime I'll copy. (You trend setter!)

Alicia Leppert said...

Marilyn, I feel the same way about that word.

Brenda said...

Thanks for making me think today. No that wasn't your baby....it was mine, promise. Maddie assures me that mommy already did it whenever I ask her. Very cute. Your new scrapbook pages are cute. Have you had any developed at Costco yet?

::lindsay said...

Fun Meme. Why is it that I lived near you for 4 years and I've never had any of your turtle brownie cake? Where's the love, Kim! :) Maybe you'll have to come over for dinner and bring the yummy cake with you.

chris jenkins said...

hi kim -

i think i found your blog via brynnley. just wanna say i have enjoyed reading your posts and thanks for posting this meme. gonna do it on my blog here shortly :)

Ms. Kristen said...

I have been stuck of what to post...Thanks Kim! By the way...you are a wonderful preschool teacher on the furtherest west side of Pasco!! Yeah for preschool teachers!

Kate said...

What a great wonderful idea! I will have to do this next week :) Your answers are so nice, I like getting to know you a bit better!

cate create said...

SO creative! I loved getting to know more about you! Your blog is adorable! I love the header! I'm so glad I bumped into you at little league tryouts!

Lisa Christine said...

How wonderful....way to take initiative and create your own! I think I'll do this sometime soon.....

Kristi said...

I've never heard of avocado egg rolls. And the Cheesecake Factory sells them? I thought the Cheesecake Factory just made desserts. I'm with you on #2 of I won't, and I feel so bad for you for #3 of I want! So terrible! I hope they pass soon, too, and never come back! If I can do anything for you, let me know!

Brynn said...

Cute Kim. I loved it. Very simple and to the point. I love learning about other people too even if I dont know them. Thanks. I'll have to do it soon.

Shayla said...

Kim, somehow I missed commenting on this post. I was thinking of doing it again now that I'm coming out of my blogger lull for the month...or at least I hope I am and had to come back and read it again. I loved getting to know a few more things about you.