I've seen these floating around other blogs and wanted you to get to know my valentine a little better!
What is his name? Jeffrey Troy
How long have you been together? 12 years
How long did you date? 7 months
How old is he? 38! I know. No one believes me.
Who eats more? Thankfully, it's him. Although I hate to admit it was a neck and neck competition in my fat phase.
Who said I love you first? He did. But it was kind of more like me saying, "You love me, right?" and he agreed.
Who is taller? Obviously he is. By 11 whole inches! He's 6'5".
Who can sing better? It's a tie. We both stink at it.
Who is smarter? Definitely me. j/k. He's brilliant.
Who does the laundry? Me, unless he needs undies.
Who pays the bills? Totally him. I gave up that post over 5 years ago!
Who sleeps on the right side? He does. It's closer to the alarm clock.
Who mows the lawn? All him.
Who cooks dinner? Me, unless he BBQ's or he crock pots on Sundays, or if we are invited to Mick E. Dee's house.
Who drives? When we're together he does. Now, who drives better? So me. I can park that Suburban like nobody's business.
Who is more stubborn? Me, hands down.
Who kissed who first? Our lips met mutually. He initiated, though.
Who asked who out first? He asked me. It was exactly 12 years ago tomorrow!
Who proposed? He did, after a candlelight dinner to his homemade tater tot casserole - and 144 red roses. Who can say no to that?
Who has more friends? Me, but his friends are mostly my friends spouses, so it's a tie!
Who is more sensitive? Like cries at everything? Definitely him. I take that back. We're considered crybabies equally.
Who has more siblings? Another tie. We both have 5.
Who wears the pants? We both think, "I do." Meaning, he thinks he does, but I know it's me.
Who does the dishes? We both do. It's one of my favorite things to see the kitchen clean and he did it.
Who is more likely to admit when they are wrong? So not me. I'm horrible at that. Remember, I'm the stubborn one. By default, it would be him.
Why do you love your husband? Because he puts up with me. He's seen me at my best and at my worst and still sticks around. He's given me 4 beautiful children. He's committed, useful, handy, healthy, and can pluck out the Star Wars theme on the piano with one finger. You'd love him, too.
oh my, look how we've changed in 12 years!
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Make sure the ones you love know it today!
14 comments:
Kim,
I really enjoyed reading this Valentine tribute to your sweetheart. It was so nice "learning" through all the neat ways you had to describe how Jeff has become a hero of your heart! You are the true expert ... being his sweetheart of the past 12 years!!
I remember being involved in the activity of deciding on his name when he was born. It made me feel so good when Mom & Dad decided to use my suggestion for his middle name, Troy was my best friend's little brother's name and I liked it.
He also involved me when he was deciding what to make for dinner I wasn't sure tater tot casserole would be very impressive... but when he said he bought 12 dozen roses I said that ought to do it!!!! It must have looked so romantic!
I'm so glad it did because we all love having you a part of our family!!
Happy Valentines Day to all of you!
A propsal over tater tot casserole! What a sweet guy!
This was so sweet. You make a smashing pair!
Jeff is quite a catch Kim and I know he's smart, he does things at work that I can't even spell. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day.
Jeff is such a great guy, one of the most genuinely nice guys I know. What a great post devoted to your love!
Cyber tissue please. Love Story read.
Wow Kim! Thank you so much for all the wonderful sweet comments! I do have to give you my opinion on a few of the comments though. I do agree that you can park the suburban in a busy walmart parking lot with your eyes closed, but can you parallel park an 18 wheel semi? And I would have to say that YOU are smarter, I just pretent to be .(: I just wanted to brag a little bit about my sweet, talented, hot wife to all you fellow bloggers who will probably read this comment. I think you have such a great personality and ability to befriend anybody you meet. Your are sooo creative and talented and you genuinely love to share your talents with others. I know that I may complain sometimes and may feel "neglected" when you are on the computer blogging,or scrapping or whatever, but I have to keep reminding myself that you are just keeping a creative, detailed family journal,Right?(: I love reading your posts and seeing pics of you and the kids when I'm on some "downtime" at work. I think you are a very loving mother to our kids even though they make you want to pull your hair out at times, they still love their mom so much. It's hard to believe that its been 12 years since we went out on our first date. I still remember it like it was yesterday....well maybe like it was last month. Where does all the time go??? We've made a lot of great memories together, and popped out a few cute kids along the way , and I hope to make many more in the years to come! ( memories that is) I love and adore you so much, thanks for putting up with my weaknesses and seeing me for who I am. I love you babe! Happy Valentines Day! Jeff
Wow! That was so nice!
Awww, this was such a sweet read! You two are absolutely adorable. Jeff rocks. And you do, too. No wonder you're so great for each other!
What a nice comment from your hubby! And what a great post, I alway love hearing details on other marriages, so fun!
so sweeeetttttt!
So Sweet Kim. And the response from your hubby was adoreable. It was like a good love story book. You guys were made for each other definately.
Lovin the post! And I have to say... you look younger now then you did then!!! I read back to you and your mom's weight loss, you are so inspiring in everything.
I hope you had a great Valentine's day with your sweetie :-)
Thanks for sharing all of this.....it's fun to get to know people. I hope your Valentines Day was great...ours sure was!
Post a Comment