February 8, 2008

What's This?

Since this











is no longer this








but is now this








we have to do this








then this







then this.





But this ingenious hubby





and this skilled friend






installed this








so now we can do this







or this.








Makes this girl








feel like this!





25 comments:

Brynn said...

Very cute post, but I'm confused. Do you teach pre-school or used to? Or is half of your garage the pre-school? All I know is not having a garage opener must stink so good job on getting your hubby to put one in. That must have been a tricky task.

Brynn said...

OK I just read the greener post and now I know you do teach and that pre-school looks amazing. I want my daughter to go there. She also go's to a home pre-school that is in a very cute garage!!!

meohmyers said...

Our whole reason for building this house was to convert the garage into a preschool but my neighbor works for the city and put a halt on our hectic plans just one week before preschool was going to start! So in one week I converted our front 2 rooms into the preschool where it will remain as long as I'm teaching. It works, but it's in my house! Not in the original plans but there it is. I still love it though!

PRP said...

Very cute Kim.

Kristi said...

This was a very cute post. Love the pics! It really is nice to just have to push a button and not have to get out and shove that door up -- especially in inclement weather! Glad Michael could help you guys out! Thanks for your hospitality while we were over there. (By the way, you look GREAT!)

Jan said...

That is the funnest move by move post. It was very cute how it was all staged and your garage is way to clean.

Alicia Leppert said...

What a fun post! So clever. I love posts like this. I don't understand how anyone can have a manual garage door. It makes no sense. So happy for you that you got automatic one. (I wondered what those guys were doing in there last weekend.)

And I'm so glad you had an excuse to put your glamour shot picture on your blog because everyone needed to see it because LOOK.AT.THOSE.EYES. Go-geous.

Ms. Kristen said...

I love that you can pull into the garage! It is so nice when it is icy and wet!
Way to go preschool teacher! You are the best teacher, besides myself and Ms. Molly, this side of Pasco! We are the best preschool teachers! We all unite together! HOoorahhhH!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

I agree, I don't know how you lifted that door a hundred times a day! The door opener is a necessity! I know the preschool was plan A, but isn't it nice to have a dry garage when you've got a big Costco load and it's raining?

Sara said...

Super cute post, I love the pictures and it was fun to see the before and after ones of the Garage.
Sara

Thompson Family said...

Lovin this post! I feel your pain on the manual garage door. We just built a garage and it is still in this phase. Soon, very soon I will get to be happy too though :-)

Debie Spurgeon said...

That picture of you is absolutely STUNNING! What a handy husband you have. I love that you appreciate something like a garage door opener. Your preschool room looks adorable, so colorful and creative.

dandee said...

Kim, you're so creative! Love it! Oh yeah, and modern technology is great!

Stacia said...

Life without a garage door opener is not fun! Glad you can save the in and out of the car now! And you will love the garage when its 105 out too! Cute post, don't you just ADORE your new camera?

AOlson said...

Wow, your school looks amazing!! So Kelsie is 16 months now, can you put her on the waiting list for when she is 4 please!!!

::lindsay said...

So glad you have your garage back. Nothing is better than being able to park your car in the garage in the winter time. I agree, that picture of you is gorgeous!

tharker said...

It is a happy day indeed when you can push a button to get into your garage!

This was a fun post Kim!

Marilyn said...

You



Are




Hilarious!

Sarah said...

Glad you have easy access back into your garage. It makes everything so much easier! Good job to your hubby and his friend for getting on that for you.

Shayla said...

This post made me smile. Yay for handy men that do handy things to make our lives easier!

susie said...

You are too funny!!!!!!

Kris said...

I really enjoyed this post Kim. I'm so happy for you having a garage, a garage door opener, and a happy smile.

Lisa Christine said...

I just tried to leave a comment, but it didn't seem to work, so let me try again. The school room is ADORABLE! Are you an interior decorator or something? Automatic garage doors are a must, and you are gorgeous!!

Lee said...

Super cute and clever post. YAY for garages, and yay for garage door openers.

Jessica said...

I know it's been said, but totally cute post! I can't wait for Howie to come to preschool in fall 2009! Ü He's going to love it!