February 18, 2008

A Little Girl's Dream

Ally is seriously obsessed with Hannah Montana. Last summer she told me when she turned 6 she wanted a Hannah Montana birthday party. Month after month she kept asking me, "How many more days 'til my Hannah Montana party?" I kept having to say things like, "Oh, only about a hundred!" Last Friday, we finally had THE PARTY she had been dreaming of. I hope it was all she had hoped for and more.

The cake was somewhat of a nightmare. I'm not one to back down from a kid's birthday cake but since we decided to have her birthday party right after Kindergarten was over on Friday, and I had preschool to do that morning, I had to have the cake done the night before. I went to Walmart hoping they would have some sort of HM cake topper I could slap on the cake and call it good, but nope, they were all sold out. This was at 10:30 on Thursday night. So I put my thinking cap on and went straight to the cards looking for a HM birthday card I could cut out, laminate, and slap on the cake and call it good, but nope, they were all sold out. I put a little bigger thinking cap on and went straight to the gift bags looking for a HM gift bag I could cut out, laminate, and slap on the cake and call it good, and YES! I scored! This is how the cake turned out. The image was one of those that changes when you change angles and looks like 2 different cakes but it's the same one! Ally loved it!









Okay, so here it is like 1am on Friday morning, I got the cake done and still had to get the goodie bags assembled, and the craft project started! I wanted the girls to be able to sing to the HM CD with the HM microphone that Ally got for Christmas. Ally really wanted to be able to put the pink and purple streaks in all the girls hair for their "performance" but I wasn't too sure what the moms would think of that idea. So instead I came up with this idea. Remember these braided barrettes that were so popular in the 80s?

I had every color combination imaginable and thought I could whip out 18 of these in pink and purple for the girls to put beads on for their project, each one taking home 2 barrettes. Was I ever wrong!!! I don't know how my mom was able to make a gazillion of these when I was little! It took me till 5am to make 9 of these things!!! I don't know what the heck was taking me so long to do these but it was horrible. I had to do it though because it was the only "thing" I had for the girls to do other than play karaoke and open presents and eat cake and ice cream! So I got 9 done, 1 for each girl to take home, and all I know is they better cherish those puppies because I literally lost sleep over those things! But, Ally loved it.


I know Ally would still have turned 6 regardless of the effort I put in giving her this fun little birthday party but it's so fun to see her happy. I know she loved this Hannah Montana party and I hope she'll always remember it!




I had to put this last picture in here. It was so cute, Maddie wanted her baby to have a turn with the microphone while the girls were singing and performing to the Hannah Montana songs. Of course Baby Susie stole the show!



And how lucky is Ally that the Hannah Montana movie in 3D is in theaters on her birthday?!!? So, yes, on Saturday night, I took this huge fan to her first "concert" and she loved every minute of it! It was so fun to sit there and watch her starstruck eyes going gaga over her favorite star. She was singing to some of the songs and it was a fun treat to do with her. Just us girls. It was so cute, we snuck in a couple cans of pop and a poppy seed muffin for her to snack on. She loved it! It's so much fun to have a little 6 year old girl!

23 comments:

Shayla said...

5am!!!? Girl, you are the super-mom!! It looks like a totally cute birthday party, I love making a big deal on the kids birthdays. And what an ingenious idea for her cake.

::lindsay said...

What a fun party! You are always so good at this kind of stuff.

Now I'm feeling left out though. I never had any of those barrettes in the 80's...

Jan said...

That will be one to remember. She'll remember it forever and so will you. What a mom. Hannah is an icon already.

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Ally!!! I love poppy seed muffins!!!

Heather said...

That girl is so lucky!! I'm sure she will remember it forever and those hours of lost sleep will eternally be worth it! :)

Kris said...

Kim, you are such a cool mom. Look at all the work and cute stuff you did for Ally's Birthday! So cool! I love the barretts and totally remember them. I'm impressed that you made some!~ They look awesome!

tharker said...

Love it! My Hannah would have loved it too!

PRP said...

I'm so sad that my Hannah missed it. I can never show her this post! She is finally on the mend and I promised her a fun date with Ally so I'll be calling you.

You did a fantastic job. Ally will always remember this!

Marilyn said...

Oh man! I recently found a shop on Etsy that sells those barrettes. That could have saved you some time, but at least Ally knows her mom loves her and will do anything for her!

Jessica said...

What a good mom you are! I totally would have given up and gone to walmart to get the pink and purple hairspray!! I am sure Ally will remember it always!

Sarah said...

Looks like a blast! I bet those girls thought that was the coolest party ever. Oh, to be six years old again. Good work on the cake too, I never would have thought to do that.

Ms. Kristen said...

HANNAH MONTANA ROCKS! Hopefully, you caught up one your sleep!

Alicia Leppert said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sure everyone had a blast.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Wow Kim, 5 a.m You are amazing. Awesome job, she'll remember it forever. Hannah Montana is #1 at our house too.

Kristi said...

Holy Cow. I would have given up by 2am at the latest. You are dedicated! That party looks like all your hard work was worth it, though. It sounds like such a fun time both at Ally's party and your date w/her to HM3D. I love the cake! I would have never thought of that. I love how the picture changes from Miley to Hannah Montana. Way to go, Kim!

Kate said...

aww.. you did a great job! and 5 am?! when do you sleep?! :) I hope all is well with your family!

behka said...

You are beyond amazing. Happy birthday to your sweet girl!

Brynn said...

What a perfect birthday party. That's my kind of girl. I love the cake so much, you are very creative. Good job kim. I love the picture of Maddy and the doll too. Maddy looks like a doll.
For my oldest 8th birthday we had a "rockstar" birthday with a limo and everything, it was so much fun and my daughter was Hannah Montanna. The girls love that HM. I love a good birthday party.

Brynn said...

I just saw your blog from the day before. Go look, I commented.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

So cute! And you've got to earn the dedication award for that night. It's fun to have kids that want to go to movies and concerts with you. Enjoy!

hatch said...

You are an awesome mom (5am)! It looks the party was a hit!I am sure that those girls loved there barrettes. Your kids are soo cute! Maddie looks just like a doll.

Lisa Christine said...

wow...you are dedicated!!!! Super mom I would say! We have major Hannah Montana fans at our house too, and yes it is fun having little girls!!

susie said...

You are so awesome! It sounds so fun I wanted to come! :)

I LOVE that picture of Maddie! Her face looks absolutely adorable!!!