January 19, 2008

Giveaway for Post #151

Ha! Random, isn't it? I decided to have a little giveaway. Because I just feel like it. And because today has been a very, very sad day for my family and I need a little pick-me-up.

So here it is. I love the new papers and fonts and elements I've been playing with for my newest digital scrapbooking hobby! I want this to have something to do with my giveaway. I want to make someone a NEW HEADER for your blog! It's cute, fast and fun to do.

So here are the rules. The FIRST person to leave me a comment wins! Unlike last time when I had to pick through 1015 comments for one winner. That's it! You want it? You got it! #1, it's all for you! Who will it be on this lovely Saturnotsopopularbloggingday?
Here's the winner's new header! Hope you like it Leslie!

11 comments:

Leslie Garbanati said...

Hey Girl..As always, your blog is wonderfully creative and cute. I check it always to keep up with you. I am sorry to hear you are having a sad day...Can I help??? Love Ya-Leslie

Jessica said...

awww I was hoping to be first!

I'm sorry to hear you are having a sad day too, I hope everything is ok with you and your family!

Kris said...

Oh SHOOT! I'm so bummed. I really need a new blog header. I thought I'd win, but I'm number 3. Oh well! Great idea Kim. You are so thoughtful!

Alicia Leppert said...

Okay, that sucks. I want a new header, although I'm actually working on my own, so I guess that's okay. I just really wanted to win. And I always blog on Saturdays!
Sorry for your sad day. I think I know why, and my thoughts are with you.

Shayla said...

Sorry for your sad day. I hope tomorrow is better. Love the new blog look. The colors are so awesome. So, I'm assuming this means the PSE program must be working well for you? :-) Take care!

Heather said...

Hope your day picks up.... I'm sad I didn't win... :(

meohmyers said...

Sorry if I worried anyone. I received a phone call this morning at 5am informing me that my Grandmother had passed away at 1:30this morning. She would have turned 100 years old in June!! Needless to say, it wasn't unexpected but still shocking to say that today was THAT day. It was a very emotionally draining morning for me and I was sad for HOURS!!! I want so badly to attend her funeral (on Monday) but the cost to fly to Georgia on a moment's notice is just outrageous. I feel sad for my Dad, who won't have any of his own children at his mother's funeral. Breaks my heart, really. But we're all on the same page and realize the expense and hassle it would be to get there on time for a 1 hour service is hard to justify. My grandmother who was born in 1908 would be SO UPSET if she knew how much we would spend to get to her funeral. So we've decided to save that money we would have spent and instead save it for a trip there in June when my kids can go, too, and spend some happy time with Grampa. It was just a sad conclusion to come to and really hard for me to swallow today. I'll have to find a picture of her and dedicate a post to her soon.

On a happy note, Leslie is my big winner!! For those of you who don't know Leslie, we were roommates at Rick's our Freshman year!! That was almost 16 years ago! Did I do that math right, Leslie? Really has it been 16 years?!?! Sadly, she didn't return to school our Sophomore year and we lost touch with each other. She was the old roommate I ran into last spring break while in Utah and we've been in touch ever since!! Leslie is an AWESOME person - so sweet, patient, kind, a middle school English teacher and pregnant for the first time with TWINS!!! I just love her. She's a cowgirl through and through and I loved making a blog header for her with that rustic feel. I hope you like it Leslie! Congrats!

(sorry for the novel comment~!)

Shayla said...

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother and that you won't be able to attend her funeral. Wow, to live to be almost 100! The things she must have experienced in this life!

The header is too fun, that font is one I haven't seen before. How neat to be back in contact with an old friend. Blogging is so great that way.

Ms. Kristen said...

I need to frequent your blog more often! Cute header! We all need a night of know how for us non educated bloggers! I pick your house! I will bring the soda and treats! Thanks Kim! Enjoy your 3 day weekend! Side note: What if we send glow sticks with the Valentines? Answer me on my email!

Chris said...

Obviously my blog needs some help with a new header. Can you give this brother some L.O.V.E. too? Checking blogs was the last thing on my mind Saturday. I just signed the funeral home's online register and got sad all over again. Hopefully we can all go down together in June.

Kristi said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your grandma. No matter how much you may or may not be expecting it, the news of a loved one's death is always jolting. It stinks that you aren't able to attend her funeral, but it's completely understandable. Your family is in our hearts and prayers.

(By the way, great header! I agree w/Ms. Kristen on the blogger tutorial at your house!)