
Well, after losing the weight I wanted to lose, it's time to maintain this weight loss. I don't think having 2 brownies for breakfast is off to the right start. Oh, yes I did! So after a few phone calls and being rejected 3 times for a walking partner, I decided I was on my own today because no one else will walk those brownies off for me. I decided to hit the bike path along the river. I'm so glad I did! It was such an enjoyable walk, just me and Maddie. We passed a few other people wanting to walk off some brownies, too. (Sara, you're awesome jogging with your 2 babies!) Mostly we enjoyed the quiet beauty that Pasco has to offer along the river with an occasional hop, skip and jump over the piles of goose poop. Made me very grateful for where we live, the beautiful sunshine, the scenery. It was a great walk this morning. But next time, I would like someone to talk to, an Ipod or something. I couldn't get the last song I heard out of my head! "Lips of an Angel"? Come on, not the best exercise music. Anyone want to join me on Friday?
13 comments:
Sorry!! I had no food in my fridge or cupboards and only one child...I HAD to go grocery shopping. Who else turned you down besides Michelle? It's not as beautiful as the river, but the offer still stands for a tour of Lovisa Farms at 6:30 every morning. Are you going to join us?
Glad you still walked and enjoyed yourself so much!
That would be Nicole. Don't you girls know that grocery shopping with only one child isn't all it's cracked up to be?
I doubt I'll ever be able to go at 6:30 in the morning. Jeff's work schedule won't allow it. It's 9am or nothing for me.
I would love to go with you Kim. I just have to be in my house by 10:40... would that work for you??
After trying to get back on the diet, I blew it again. If Kim would stop making pumpkin cookies and banana bread, I might be ok. I'm going to try biking at the gym today with Kim because running hurts my knees.
Heather - I usually walk for about an hour. It ends up being about 3 miles, pretty good walk. You'll be home by 10:40, I promise! Now that the weather is nice, I like to walk outside. Where do you want to meet at 9 on Friday?
Chris - I can't run either! I was having to take glucosamine for my joint pain after running only a mile on the treadmill. I can't do it. I couldn't even walk up the stairs the next day, my knees hurt so bad. I felt like a 63 year-old! Sorry, Mom. :) Stick to speedwalking or biking!
I would have loved to come with you this morning, but it doesn't quite work with Kenzie in afternoon kindergarten...I would have both kids. Too bad you can't do the 6:30 with us, we'd love to have you.
Owen and I were on the path this morning also and saw NOBODY! Seriously, we run/walked for 4 miles and didn't run into a sole. How is that possible?
ANYWHERE- If it's nice, the river sounds divine!
Danyelle - what time did you go? I went right after I dropped Ally off at preschool.
Heather - I would love to do the river again. We can park at the Chiawana boat launch parking lot, start on the path right there, walk till the path ends at Court Street and turn back. It took me about 50 minutes to walk yesterday. And I think it is supposed to be nice on Friday. See you then!
Owen and I were out at the same time! We start at our house, go to the toys at the north end of the park and come back. I can't believe we didn't see you!
I miss living so close to the bike path. Gorwing up we only lived a couple of blocks from the path. Lots of memories down there by the river.
in a van?
Hahahaha! I love that sketch on SNL! We have the best of Chris Farley on VHS! It's hilarious.
Post a Comment