Decorating cakes for my kids' birthdays is one of my favorite things to do. I had to narrow my favorites down to 5 to get it all on one post. These are some of the ones I've made in the past:
Then Brady became obsessed with Pokemon.
Cameron loved Buzz Lightyear and since I couldn't find a Buzz cakepan, this would have to do. Turns out it's one of my favorites because it was so simple to make.
Cameron also loved Spiderman.
Of course Ally needed a princess cake to match her princess party theme when she turned 3.
So here they are. Kids' birthday cakes. It's something I really love to do. I would love to help anyone make their own kids' cakes if you need help with it.
What are your hidden talents?
16 comments:
So at 9:00 pm on Macy's birthday is when I read your offer to help make b-day cakes? Bill was reading this with me and said, "You should have her help you make birthday cakes" just as I read your offer. Funny. You are way talented. I wish I could do it. I don't think I have any hidden talents, I let it be known the few that I have!
And isn't this post timely? I was hoping to ask you for your help. Your cakes are totally cute. I need to make a Jasmine cake for Kenzie's birthday which is coming up in two weeks. I'll be calling you... :-)
My hidden talents remain hidden for a reason. Belching the alphabet and uncorking the symphony found in my hindquarters doesn't go over well in public.
Wow Kim! These are such great cakes! Now I know who to call in a cake emergency! I like Alicia, don't really have any hidden talents. I feel like I have one. Baking, and we all know that I'm not shy about spreading that around!
Okay..you're brother is HILARIOUS!!!
Shayla, I'd love to help you make Kenzie's cake. Just call me.
Chris, I love the way you worded your hidden talents. I seriously laughed out loud!
He is hilarious. Always has been. I wish he lived closer, you guys would love him!
Honestly, are you and Chris really related???
Kim, have you noticed we posted 1 minute apart on both yours and Chris' blogs??? Made me laugh!!
You always make such cute cakes, Kim! It is just one of your many talents!
Love the spiderman one... I may need to borrow the pan if Kaden is still obsessed in October.
Kim! That is amazing! You are a very talented woman. I'll be calling you in the fall.
I like the new look. I also love your new self portrait at the top, very chic!
I too love making birthday cakes. I used to make even my nieces and nephews before my sis-in-law discovered Costco cake, literally a force not to be reckoned with.
Any ideas for Spence this year? He's only have two friends over for a sleep over and movie date, but I still want to make a cake. I've already done baseball and soccer, Thomas and a dirt cake in the back of dump truck. He says he wants another sports one but I'm low on ideas....anything?
Oh, and his sleepover is on Friday so I need suggestions ASAP!!!!!
Kim, are you having second thoughts about your offer? You're going to be a cake-making maniac!
Karen, I have to see or at least hear about this Thomas cake. Payson had a Thomas birthday last year, but is STILL obsessed with Thomas and I have to do his very first friend party Thomas. If you have a cake pan for it, can I borrow it?
Oh, here's a sports suggestion for spence's cake: sychronized dancing. Just pose two Barbies in the exact same position and shove them into a sheet cake. Done.
Karen - I've got a ball cake pan that you can make look like anything from a golf ball, tennis ball, bowling ball, etc. all the round balls. It's one I made a basketball with and the Death Star from Star Wars. Another sports theme I made was cupcakes displayed in the shape of a football and also a Sonics jersey cut out of a rectangular cake pan. Call me! I can help!
Alicia - that's hilarious!
Post a Comment