April 9, 2007

Easter Pictures - Hopefully!


I LOVE Easter! I love dyeing the easter eggs with the kids, and I think they did a lovely job this year! I love my kids' excitement as they anticipate the arrival of the Easter Bunny.
















They all love the traditional easter egg hunt in the back yard. They are each allowed the same number of eggs to find and can ask for help if they need it but once they find their number of eggs, they're done. Of course they can't wait to hide them over and over again.










Maddie was just content to eat her suckers and watch the big kids find the eggs from indoors. Maybe she'll catch on to the excitement next year.















This was the best picture with all the kids together. I was so disappointed in my sweet, angelic baby! She would not cooperate and wouldn't sit still for the pictures! Although she looks constipated in this picture, it will just have to do.











Atleast my older kids know how to cooperate. They know if they do it right the first time, they can be done a lot faster! Thanks for the great picture, guys!















But my favorite part about Easter yesterday, I couldn't get a picture of. Both of my boys decided to bear their testimonies at church and I couldn't be more proud. I never had the courage as a young child to go up to the pulpit and speak in the microphone. I don't know where they get their courage from! But I was so proud of them and what they both said. It made yesterday so much more special for me.

Hope you all had a fabulous Easter!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim ... 1st time for me to chime in on your blog. This sure is a fun way for me to keep updated on all the happings around your home now that we are here in Utah. Your blogs color change looks SUPER with your "electric charged" colored easter eggs. The kid's pic's from their morning egg hunt to "Sunday Best Dressed" are great! Maddie's caption should be "Partier In Training" Brady and Cameron are sooo thoughtful & reflective I'm sure their testimonies would have been something to hear.
Jennifer was home in Logan with us from Provo and we (the boys,Jen, Rick and I) had a nice quiet weekend... VERY ENJOYABLE
Thanks for the nice surprise visit over Spring Break last week... it was so good to see you and the kids... we miss you all terribly!!

Heather said...

Cute pictures!

I loved the Egg picture, but don't you know your not supposed to put your eggs back in the carton!??

Salmonella is waiting to creep back into those cute eggs.... or so says my SIL.

meohmyers said...

Hey Denise! Thanks for commenting!

Heather - Really? I've never heard of that! Is it possible? How do you store your dyed eggs back in the fridge then?

Alicia Leppert said...

You figured it out! I was just sitting here thinking I am coming over and sitting down and figuring out how to put pictures on your computer when I clicked on your blog and saw you did it! Cute, cute pics. I love the sleepy faces in the first kids one. Your eggs look awesome, way better than ours! Heather, we have always put ours back in the carton, I have never heard that either, and I'm obsessive about food borne illnesses! I already told you this, Kim, but your boys' testimonies were so sweet and very impressive. They have such strong spirits!

Shayla said...

Your pictures are just too cute. I love that you put pink sponge rollers in your girls hair, I grew up wearing those to bed on Saturday nights. The girls' matching dresses are adorable, where did you get them? I'm sad I missed seeing you all on Easter Sunday. Glad to hear your trip went well.

tharker said...

Love the pictures. I escpecially love Aly in her little rollers too. I haven't rolled Hannah's hair for a long time. I love doing it, but she's not such a fan anymore.

Way to go Brady and Cameron for bearing your testimonies!

I never knew that about the egg carton thing either. We have a carton half full of easter eggs in the fridge this very moment.

meohmyers said...

Shayla - we found the dresses at Walmart in Ogden. I haven't looked here but they had a huge selection of spring dresses 12m - 5T. I grew up with the sponge rollers, too. Ally hardly ever lets me roll her hair anymore. I told her I was putting some in Maddie's hair and she wanted them, too. I love it!

Heather said...

"Dyeing eggs: If the eggs will be eaten, be sure to use afood-safe dye and follow package directions. Boiling the eggsshould kill the bacteria that can cause illness, but will not keepthe eggs from spoiling. To prevent re-contamination and toslow spoilage, keep the eggs refrigerated, dry and in a cleancontainer (don’t put them back in the egg carton)."

This is from the Benton-Franklin Health Dept. website. It never mentions Salmonella, so I don't know for sure what the reason for not putting them back in the carton is. Maybe we should call!

Chris said...

We're all going to die. Our eggs are back in the carton too.

Anonymous said...

egads...Mindy's household is going to all die too...we put about 7 cartons full of Easter eggs back in the fridge too!! As old as I am, I have never heard this either...amazing!!!Thanks for the surprise visit!! We LOVED it!!!

dandee said...

Kim your children look so sweet in their Easter attire.

Love the eggs!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Sounds like you had a nice easter. You'll have to read about mine. It actually turned out ok. John Mayer is on sale now at ticketmaster. Show is June 2nd. Hope to see you there! Also Tim left you a phone message. He wanted to ask you about the reunion too. Call him sometime, and we'll help you figure it out.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

ok, I just have to add my 2 cents about the egg carton. The only thing touching the carton is the eggshell, and not many of us eat the shell so I'm not panicked! Relax people!

meohmyers said...

I was wondering why we haven't heard of more cases of death by easter eggs. Maybe it's just an old wive's tale or something. We've been putting our dyed eggs back in the carton for as long as I can remember.

Alicia Leppert said...

What I don't understand is that every single Easter when I was growing up we dyed the eggs the night before Easter and then after we went to bed my parents put them in our baskets from the "Easter Bunny" and they sat there all night long!!! We never got sick.

Marilyn said...

Kim, I love that picture of Ally with the rollers in. That is just too cute!