April 24, 2007

For Sale By Owner

I wish I had good news to post about the sale of our house. Turns out our buyers - who we've signed papers with and turned in their $1000 earnest money - are trying to get out, no, weasel their way out of the purchase. But they're not telling us! We've heard from a very reliable source that they are conveniently waiting until June 1st - the date on the contract that states the purchase is null and void if their house doesn't sell.

So not only do we have to start all over with an ad in the paper, another open house, more advertising in the hopes to find another buyer but we have to do this all within a span of only 6 weeks - 2 months tops!!! We are crossing our fingers that we sell this house in time so we don't lose the house we're building. Luckily, I have a good friend who is a computer genius!! In the depths of my despair, she lovingly offered to design and host a website to advertise the sale of our home. You all know her. It's Shayla. She put this website together for us hoping it would help. I am so grateful! Isn't she talented? Thankyoushaylathankyoushaylathankyoushayla! I can't say it enough. So if any of you out there know of anyone looking for a house, please contact me! We're desperate!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kim...this is a beautiful presentation of your home!! I would contact legal aid or someone to see how you can keep the earnest money. I thought you were going to confront! I think it is just downright dishonest to play you along like that. Seems to me that someone in authority needs to question integrity and honesty!! OK, I am prejudiced, but come on!!! Anyhoo...what a lovely presentation...hope it brings lots of offers!!!

tharker said...

Wow! Shayla did an awesome job! Kim that's crazy about the buyers. I hope everything works out for you guys.

susie said...

Good luck, Kim. House buying/selling is stressful. I swear that something always has to go wrong at least once or it just wouldn't be a normal experience! It will all work out.

susie said...

p.s. love the new look of your blog...i haven't been here for a bit!

PRP said...

Yeah, they WOULD NOT be getting their earnest money back if it we're me, but I'm sure you're a much better person than I am.

I'll cross my fingers and toes for you. It will work out! This is the faith part, right?

Marilyn said...

Wow, Shayla is super talented. I would love to learn how to design web pages someday, it's like online scrapbooking.

Good luck with the house.

Heather said...

That's what earnest money is! Of course Kim will keep it- at least you better!!

meohmyers said...

How can I keep it though? We don't have a realtor to help us try and get it back. And I'm worried that keeping their $1000 would ruin them financially. Honestly, who can afford to lose $1000? Besides, how can we prove they're just "holding out til June 1st"? It's just hearsay - true - but technically just hearsay.

Chris said...

Who is this Earnest guy, and why is everyone fighting over his money? Can't we all just get along?

dandee said...

Good luck, Kim. Earnest money is a tricky thing.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Wow, impressive website. Can you link it to Washington FSBO? Lots of people look on that website. Good luck. We haven't had good luck selling, but there was a dead body next to our house for sale. You should do fine in your neighborhood! (also your landscaping looks better everytime I see your house!)

meohmyers said...

Julie! What are you talking about? A dead body for sale?!? Which house? That's crazy! I don't know if I've ever heard this story!

meohmyers said...

Wait...I read that wrong. You meant a dead body by your house for sale. Either way, I still need to hear this story!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Our house in No. Carolina had been on the market for like 8 months and when we FINALLY got a contract, a dead body was found on the front yard of a house 2 doors up the street. Our poor realtor freaked, but the buyer ended up not being phased so it all worked out. But it's like telling pregnant women horror stories. I know yours isn't going to be like that!