February 26, 2007

Hey Ya'll!

Well, we're back from our wonderful trip to Georgia. My kids had the best time at Grampa's house and we all thought the trip went by a little too fast. We could have stayed much longer but we'll have to try and go again soon. Here's a few pictures from our fun-filled country vacation.


We went and visited my Grandmother in the nursing home. She is turning 99 years old in only 4 months. I desperately wanted to see her on this trip. It was very bittersweet visiting with her. She is nothing how I remember her. She doesn't even know who my dad is. It was very sad. But she is in perfect health other than Alzheimer's. She only takes 1 aspirin a day. That's it! Just an aspirin! She's very pleasant and sweet and smiles at everyone.

We took them out on some tractor rides at my uncle's house. They rode a few different tractors but got their pictures taken in every one of them. (About 10)


We got around the property on a golf cart or a 4-wheeler. Something else the kids absolutely loved doing. They were in heaven at Grampa's house, doing things they never get to do at home.


My dad lives on 11 acres in a very small town. He has a pond that sits on 4 1/2 acres that he stocks with catfish and big mouth bass. The kids LOVED fishing every day and even caught a couple of fish! Brady even baited his own hook with a live worm, something I've never been able to do!


We also went to the airport where my dad keeps his plane and got to see that. He flies for a construction company, takes them where they need to go for their business.

So we had a great trip. We could have spent 2 or 3 months there and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. But we wouldn't want to come back talking funny! It's good to be home again.

7 comments:

Shayla said...

Kim,
I'm glad your trip went so well. Those are some pretty cute pictures of your kids, they look like they're having soo much fun. Nate and I would die to have all that property and our own pond to fish in some day!

Anonymous said...

HOW FUN!!! I love all of your pictures! It looks like you guys really made the most of your time! Glad you are back!

tharker said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. It's so hard to come back to real life isn't it? Looks like the kids had a blast. Glad everything went well. Oh and that's so neat that you got to visit your grandma. She looks so sweet, and what a great opportunity for your kids to be with her too!

Marilyn said...

Kim, what a FUN trip. I really missed your blog, so I'm glad you are home.

Heather said...

I'm glad you're back too. Sounds like you had your own little resort retreat with your dad.

emahaf said...

I am glad that your trip went well, It sounds like it was really fun. It always takes me about a week to get back to reality and realize that my vacation is really over.

Alicia Leppert said...

I love the pictures, you can see how much fun your kids had by the looks on their faces. I didn't realize your dad lived at Disneyland. I would have come. How fun. So glad you're back.