March 8, 2007

Deja Vu!

For the past 6 months or so, I have known about a YW mutual activity in the works. The idea was told to me by Heather back in September or October. They were planning on having the 3 white dresses and needed someone who could fit into and want to wear their wedding dress to this activity. That was back when my WW experience had barely gotten off of the ground. I don't think I had even lost 10 pounds up to that point, but I accepted the challenge after hearing this activity wouldn't be taking place until March. So with my determinination to fit back into my wedding dress, I was off on what has now become a new way of life for me. So here's the pictures to prove it.

That was then....(September 13, 1996)


And this is now!!! (March 7, 2007)


Can you believe it? 10 years later, I was able to get back into my wedding dress. I certainly would not have been able to just 6 months ago, but since this goal was made, I have lost a total of 34.8 pounds!! I only wast to lose 5 more to reach my goal weight. Then I'm on the road to maintain instead of lose. Can't complain, though. The funny thing about getting back into this dress was when Jeff was trying to help me zip up the zipper while I'm exhaling as much breath as possible to flatten my lungs, trying to arch my back and squeeze my shoulder blades together to get the zipper to close, he's grabbing both sides of the dress to pull it together with one hand and I'm pulling the bottom down to deep it straight, he's hurrying and trying to get it zipped and lovingly comments, "You realize you have more cleavage in the back then you do the front?"

Thanks, sweetie. Didn't realize that from my point of view. But we got it zipped, I was in the dress and was so proud. I reached my goal of fitting back into my wedding dress. Thanks for the opportunity, Heather. It was a great activity!

9 comments:

Chris said...

Very impressive Kim. I've gained about 8 pounds back since I lost 22. I need to get back on. My face is getting round again.

tharker said...

Kim you look so great!!! Congrats on getting back into your dress!

Anonymous said...

You look amazing!!! Congratulations on reaching that wonderful goal!! You should be so proud!!! How many others participated? I know you must be so happy to have (in essence) lost 35 pounds!!!! You were and are a beautiful bride!!!

emahaf said...

That is so amazing, way to go on getting back in your dress. You look so great.

Anonymous said...

You look incredible! Congratulations!!!

dandee said...

Yeah for you! Kim you are a true inspiration! By the way, I love the bangs in your real wedding day picture. So 90's!

meohmyers said...

Oh, the bangs. Affectionatley referred to as "the claw". Why did I think it was so cute?

Alicia Leppert said...

Wow. That is impressive. I don't think I could fit a thigh into my wedding dress.

Marilyn said...

Kim, Kim, Kim. You inspire me. I need to give you a call and get some tips. I want to fit in my wedding dress!