Whose poo-poo had turned a bit shady.
It caused a great fright,
And we pondered all night.
To the doctor we go, I'm afraid-y.
Two weeks ago was when it all started.
This poo-poo would leak when he farted.
Oh no! Not again!
Oh when will this end?
And off to the bathroom he darted.
He was going about 12 times a day.
At home he would just have to stay.
Diarrhea at school?
No, that is not cool.
You'll get to go back when it's gone, okay?
This wasn't the only problem to fix.
Vomit was also thrown into the mix.
Not as often, it's true.
Just another clue
To this illness. We're now on day six.
A little worried I have to admit.
Being sick like this is just the pits.
Just a virus we're told
Similar to a cold.
On it's own it would just have to quit.
Just when we think it's all over
Our luck ran out. 4-leaf clover?
The nurse called from school.
I felt like a fool.
Tell Brady I'm coming right over.
So you have diarrhea again?
But I thought you were on the mend!
What? It's pitch black?
Your health's out of whack!
Oh when will this illness end?
It's back to the doctor we go.
Me and sick Brady in tow.
I'm worried all right,
I just can't sit tight
With 14 sick days in a row.
His new nickname becomes The Black Pooper.Jelly finger?!?! That's just super.Check for blood in his stool?No, that is not cool.It's negative? Whew! Super-duper!
But wait there's more tests to come!Where'd all these nurses come from?A blood draw? Just great.Hold him down? I can't wait.All these problems because of your bum!
So now they need a stool sample.
Just catch it in this basin, for example.
But rush to the lab!
Before it goes bad!
And make sure there's enough, you know, ample!
But my favorite test has to be this one.
To test for parasites, such as tapeworm.
They come out at dark.
A walk in the park!
Just put the vial up to his rectum!
My advice to all is just this:Wash your hands to keep germs amiss.We work and we playBut at the end of the dayWe can say, "Isn't motherhood bliss?!?!?!"
10 comments:
Ewww. What an awful 2 weeks and counting. So is it tapeworm?
We have to wait until Monday when the lab is open again. We'll have to wait for the results. Crazy, isn't it? I think it's rotavirus.
Poor Brady!
YUCK! Let us know how it turns out...
Kim, I had no idea you were talented (like Alicia) with rhyme and prose. Great job, I just hope next time you get a better subject to rhyme about and I hope Brady recovers soon! The things we Mom's must do!
That is really not an appealing part of motherhood... I hope you get things figured out soon.
Kim, that was awesome! I loved it! So cute. Poor Brady, I am dying to know what it is!
Nice to see you back Kim. You know I liked this post. Limericks and poo go hand in hand in my world.
Seriously funny poem, not so funny yuckiness going on at your house. I guess you either have to laugh or cry, right? Have you found out what it might be yet? I hope he gets all better soon!
I was thinking of you the whole time I was writing this, Chris. I knew you'd appreciate it! Glad to see you're back, too!
Post a Comment