Elated that my kids are more than ready for another year of school. They were so excited this morning and could hardly sleep last night. I'm grateful that I don't have to worry about tears or children clinging to me on the first day of school. They wanted to hurry and get out the door this morning! We couldn't get there fast enough.
Sorrow because my brood is getting older, less dependant on me. I don't have any tears to wipe or clinging children to pry off of me to go to school on the first day. Ally will join her brothers and be gone an entire 7 hours a day! How did my little girl become a first grader already? How will I convince Maddie that her favorite playmates will be back soon?
Anxiety Are they ready? Will they have the confidence, knowledge, and will-power to withstand temptation? Will they be a good friend? Will they be picked on? Will they respect themselves, their peers, and their teachers? Can Ally open the lid on her mandarin oranges by herself without spilling the juice all over?
Peace because my husband gave them all Father's Blessings last night. Blessed them each specifically according to their individual needs and personalities. We're in for a GREAT year this year.

The kids all got the teacher they were hoping for which makes for a great start to the school year. They are exactly where they want to be. They each have a great friend or two in class with them and I'm so grateful for that. Brady was just a little nervous joining a class that was together last year but assured me that he already knows half of them and he'll be okay. He knows he's got a lot of hard work ahead of him but is excited for the challenge.
Cameron's teacher lives just down the street from us and he couldn't be more excited to know that his teacher is also our neighbor! His teacher, Mr. H, loves sports especially UW and football. Cameron is SOOOO excited to have a male teacher who loves football! This will be a great year for Cameron.
Ally has Cameron's teacher from last year and is so excited. Mrs. Smith was hoping to have Ally in her class, too. I know Ally already loves her and is going to grow so much this year in 1st grade. She's excited to have her old name back! Last year in Kindergarten she told me that her teacher and everyone in her class kept calling her Allyson. I told her that's what her name is! She disagreed with me and said, No, her name is ALLY, not AllySON! But the whole year that's what everyone called her. She eventually got to the point where she accepted her full name. This year there are 2 Allyson's in her class. I told the teacher yesterday, if it would be easier, to call my Allyson ALLY to differentiate between the two. Mrs. Smith asked Ally if that would be okay and she nodded emphatically! When we were leaving, Ally said, "Whew! I'm so glad Mrs. Smith knows my real name!"
And Ally will be just fine in 1st grade. Who wouldn't be with your very best friend right by your side? Alise's mom and I already warned our girls that this seating arrangement may not last very long. Mrs. Smith will soon find out what best little buddies these girls are!
Now if I could only preoccupy Maddie who's left to wonder where her family has gone?

22 comments:
I first have to say... I wrote my little bloglet, before reading yours, I swear. I titled mine the same as yours. And to top it off, I have a picture of my kids holding up their fingers too, but it was too blurry so I didn't use it...stupid camera.
Oh, and I recognize the picture of Alise. She is on Graycie's soccer team this year.
Cute post, Kim. Way to out-do me ;)
Oh, the joys of having one left at home, their playmates stolen from them! I already pawned mine off on someone else :)
I love that picture of Maddie, just having to join in, with her backpack, of course.
Great first day of school post!
I know what you mean with Maddie. Porter was so mad and wanted to stand in line at school and get on the bus and go play. It's so hard. These pictures are great Kim. Looks like your kids are excited for their new adventures this year.
Your mix of emotions is exactly what I am feeling today. Gotta love it when we moms have more first day jitters than the kids do!!
Your kids are so dang cute Kim!!
Thanks for summarizing exactly how I feel today. It is so hard to be elated and sad all at the same time. Very cute post.
I can totally relate to your mixed emotions today. As a mom you always worry that everything will be ok, and I had to laugh at your comment about Ally getting the lid off of her mandarin oranges. I worried about Kendle opening some things in her lunch too!
Very cute post Kim and I too can relate...mixed emotions. Just wait until tomorrow when they're gone ALL day. Maddie can come play with Bennett (and Wyatt that I babysit) anytime. And I love how creative you are. My "back to school" post will be nothing compared to yours. Maybe I'll use the same title as you and Lisa though. Hee Hee! ;)
Your kids are adorable. I felt all of the same emotions that you did. kelsie kept asking where "Lala" (Kayla) was? It's just as tough on the ones left at home.
They all look fantastic. I'm glad they're so excited about school... mine are the same way but I saw a few parents today prying kids off of them and felt so bad for them!
Your kids are so gorgeous and I love the picture of them showing what grade they are on their fingers...so cute.
Love the Maddie add-on photo...So Sydney came home today and said that Mr. H "adores her"
John said, "Oh boy do we already have a teacher crush going on here?"
"Well" I said, "It's either Mr. H or Cameron, which would you prefer?"
He didn't think that was funny...you should see this girls journal!
I love all these back to school posts and I can see what I get to look forward to :) Everyone looks great and I love how Maddie had to pose too, too cute :)
I am so sad that Cameron is not in Trevor's class, maybe next year you can tell me who you are requesting for 3rd grade so we can get them together. Trevor assured me he knows a lot of the kids in his class so I am sure he will do fine.
Cute post! I love the post two times ago.....about "coming to erf"!!! Take pictures! You are doing a great job at that!
Nice post. I can relate since I am now a parent of a school child. I gave Lex a father's blessing this morning, and I think it really helped to calm her fears.
Have a great weekend!
Hi Kim, it's been a while... Your kids are so cute and so big. I love all of the feeling you stated. I totally felt the same way. We're on week 2 and things are going well.
The pictures are awesome..
I love the new blog header.
As your kids grow, it makes me realize how fast time flies. They are beautiful children.
You will never know how your words will touch my girl tomorrow when she reads about the butterflies. Thank you so very much.
Kim, thanks for your kind words. I miss all you people that I used to be in the same ward with and now never see!! I'm glad we can communicate this way. You are a sweetheart. I can't believe how big your kids are!
Kim, thanks for your kind words. I miss all you people that I used to be in the same ward with and now never see!! I'm glad we can communicate this way. You are a sweetheart. I can't believe how big your kids are!
Your children are seriously beautiful!
I always cry on the the couple of days when my kids have to go back to school. I wish they could stay home all the time. I miss them during the day!! Brielle is the only one at home now too -she is 3 How old is your youngest at home? We should try to get them together to play sometime. I actually think your youngest girl looks a lot like my youngest girl. Take care!!
I just realized that your son Camren and my daughter Mikenna went to Mrs. Fort class together -Mikenna remembers Camren-I think they were pretty good little buddies.
Post a Comment