August 19, 2008

Myers Reunion



I have been so extremely busy and am about 2 weeks worth of blogs behind! Here are pictures from our family reunion the 1st weekend in August! We had the best time in Lincoln City. It's always so fun to get together with family, especially after not seeing everyone for a year or two!

Favorite memories from this weekend:

  • the gorgeous, breathtaking scenery
  • ideal beach weather
  • flying kites
  • chasing waves
  • building sand castles
  • burying cousins in the sand
  • Jeff taking all the kids to the aquarium so I could shop at the outlet mall and purchase Breaking Dawn!
  • Jen getting an actual fish-shaped fish in her fish and chips order at Mo's
  • sunsets
  • bonfires
  • great food
  • family, family, family

This was a great get together. We can't wait to see everyone again at the next reunion. Hopefully we'll see some of you sooner than that!

14 comments:

::lindsay said...

It looks like you had a great trip! I'm so impressed by your dinosaur sand castle!

Brenda said...

I love trips to the beach! It looks like you had great weather and a great time.

tharker said...

That sand castle is amazing! I'm glad you guys had a great time. Lincoln City is so beautiful isn't it?

meohmyers said...

Um, no, the dinosaur sand castle was not our creation. The little sand castle that Ally is making was ours. One of the other beaches had a contest going on and this was one of the finalists! I wish we were that talented! :)

Heather said...

Ha! You are so honest... way to not take credit for the sand castle. Glad you had fun!!

Kris said...

Looks like it was a blast. I love all the pictures. My favorite is the sunset! How cool that you were able to go shopping! Sounds perfect.

Stacia said...

I was waiting for this post! :) As always, love your pictures! Thanks for having an awesome camera and taking all the family pictures! Where did you take that gorgeous shot of the ocean and cliffs? That is so beautiful! Love ya!

Alicia Leppert said...

Yeah, that shot Stacia's talking about is my favorite, that and the one of Maddie and Jeff looking up at the kite.
It looks like you guys had so much fun. I miss the beach!

Amy J. said...

I am so glad you guys had good weather. Pretty days at the beach are the best! Sydney is thrilled that Cameron is in her class...and once again (like years before) I think she is a bit too thrilled, if you know what I mean.

Amy J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Glad you were able to get some glorious beach weather (and buy Breaking Dawn,ha)! Those pictures are fantastic.

Ryan said...

Glad you had a good time. Wish I could say Jenn's family reunion was that fun sounding.

So funny story, speaking of the book you are all so fond of...I got a co-worker who is moving his family, packing up and going to law school in Nebraska. I know, Nebraska, but actually it is a good patent law school, maybe I'll go there someday if I get the courage to drop it all. Wait off subject here...

So all his stuff is in a truck parked out front. Everyone is on air mattresses. He's frustrated because theirs keeps leaking and it's one of those battery powered ones. So he goes to Walmart around midnight and finds his plugin air pump and proceeds to the front to get in line. Only to find that all 10 lines open are full of at least 20 women deep. He finally spots the shortest and gets inline taking notice that all the women only had a few items, but one specifically. The book!! More women get in line around him. A dramatic 15 yr. old gets behind him and is hugging her book tightly. He cracks under the enormous frustration of such a long wait combined with the estrogen filled air and reveals his secret. "Oh yeah, that book came out today. My wife read a pre-release copy as part of her job. And just so you know he does bite her." He then described the utterly devastated look this poor 15 yr. old girl had and after a few agonizing seconds revealed he was kidding. Pretty funny I thought. Good thing it wasn't Kim though. She'd had probably kicked in his knees or something.

Shayla said...

What fabulous pictures of the beach and all your fun. It looks like you had amazing weather, and so glad you were able to get THE book while you were gone. I was pretty impressed with that sand dinosaur myself, you should've just taken credit for it. :-)

Ms. Kristen said...

FUn! FUN! Party before the work begins!