August 20, 2008

Turning 8 in 8 of 08!

Cameron turned 8 years old on the 10th! This was a birthday he had been looking forward to for many years. It is the age in which he could be baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! He was so excited for this milestone!

But first, as is tradition when eating dinner at home on your actual birthday, you get to pick whatever you want. So this is what Cameron chose for his birthday dinner.



Yes, you are seeing it right. He wanted Stuffing, Texas Toast, and Nachos. We decided to balance it out with some fried chicken and fruit cocktail. We loved it! Great ideas, Cameron!


He's so glad to be 8 years old.



As you can see, he was elated on his baptism day. We were scheduled to be at the building at 2:30 and all morning long he kept asking if it was time to go yet! Finally, it was time. He was on cloud 9 the entire time. He had a beautiful program and I appreciate so much our family and friends who came to support Cameron and who took part in the program. It was a very special day for us and I am grateful to those who were able to share it with us.


It is so rewarding as his mom to realize the path he's on and the choices he is making will lead him back to his Father in Heaven. Cameron has been blessed with this incredibly strong spirit and the desire to do what's right. I am so grateful for him in our family and his great example of faith and righteousness.



8 Things I Love About Cameron:

  1. His personality. He is a little ball of fire. He's full of energy and goes non-stop all day long. He has always been outgoing and can strike up a conversation with anyone.
  2. His sensitivity. He is often aware and concerned about the feelings of others and will usually go out of his way to befriend or include those who may be feeling left out.
  3. His testimony. He has always loved bearing his testimony and has loved learning about and soaking up all things related to the gospel.
  4. His love of learning. He loves to read! He loves school! He is fascinated with new concepts and although is frustrated when he doesn't understand something, will usually keep at it until the light bulb comes on.
  5. His creativity. He has been writing and illustrating stories since he was 3 years old. He loves to make books and collect them. Needless to say, we're running out of room, let alone paper.
  6. His love of sports. He collects football cards. He knows every player, their position, their jersey number, and the team they play for. He is an encyclopedia when it comes to stats, especially Seattle stats. He also makes collages on poster boards of any Seattle player he'll find in the newspaper. He is a loyal Seattle fan.
  7. His cheeks. He has always had these great, kissable cheeks. I could hardly keep my lips off of them when he was a baby. Since he's gotten older, he only lets me kiss them goodnight now. But boy, are they ever my favorite!
  8. He's mine. I love that he's mine. He is the sweetest, smartest, cutest, most lovable 8 year-old out there and I can't wait to see what becomes of him.

HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY, CAMERON!

13 comments:

PRP said...

I'm so glad he had such a great weekend. He looks adorable!

Happy Birthday Cameron!

Kris said...

This is such an exciting time for a child to turn 8. I'm glad his birthday was filled with excitement and that his baptism was something he really looked forward to. Happy Birthday to Cameron.

::lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Cameron! You are such a terrific kid! We were so glad to be able to go to your baptism.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Cameron! 8 is a great age... enjoy it!

Sarah said...

His birthday dinner looked great! Good choices there. It sounds like he is such a great boy and I'm glad he had such a great baptism. The last picture of him at the bottom of the post is adorable.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love that Cameron was so excited about his baptism, what a great kid. I had to think twice when you said he turned eight, wow!

I think the meal looks great. I'm a HUGE believer in eating what sounds good.

Brenda said...

Shout out to Cameron!

Congrats to one of the sweetest 8 year old I know. You continue to amaze me every Sunday in Primary. Your spirit just glows and your testimony is so strong. You are such a great example to those around you... Not just the young kids, but us adults too. Keep it up and Happy Birthday!

Alicia Leppert said...

I have always adored Cameron, he is the sweetest, cutest kid. His baptism was such a neat experience, I'm so glad we could be a part of it. Happy Birthday and Congratulations, Cameron!

susie said...

Happy Birthday, Cameron! He's such a cutie! I still remember when he told me that joke about what a bee says backwards...or something like that. Anyway, it was about the cutest thing I'd ever heard, with his adorable voice and sweet little face!!! How'd we get kids so old???

susie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tharker said...

Happy Belated Birthday Cameron! And congratulations on your baptism!

Amy J. said...

8 thinks that Sydney likes about her friend Cameron...

1. He is funny
2. He is in my class for the 4th time
3. He is lucky to have sisters
4. He is fun to have around
5. We did reading group together in 1st grade
6. He makes me happy when he is around
7. He likes playing basketball
8. He's really awesome

Brenda said...

I didn't know it was Camerons birthday or baptism. I would say "Oh we would have come for sure"....but we were out of town, so we would not have come, but congrats to him anyway!