Dear Jeff,September 13, 1996. Our wedding day. Do you remember it was a day full of excitement, nerves, wonder, and a huge step into the rest of our future.
When we were sealed in the temple, our sealer, President Barber, who knew you since you were a child, gave us great advice and encouragement. Something he said has always stuck with me. He looked at me and told me what a lucky girl I was to be marrying you. He said it several times, that I was so lucky. I wanted to say, "Yes, I am lucky but isn't he lucky, too?!" Of course I didn't say anything but I've always remembered over the years, in the good times, and kept reminding myself in the not so good times, that yes, President Barber was right. I am indeed the lucky one. 
Jeff, you are a wonderful man who I know sincerely loves me and the family that we have created. You believe your sole purpose is found in making us happy. You strive to do your best in providing for us in every aspect of our lives and for that I'm so grateful.
How did 12 years go by already? It's been quite the journey and I can't wait to see what else is in store for us. Happy Anniversary, Jeff.
All of my love,
Kim
22 comments:
happy anniversary Kim!
Happy Anniversary to the both of you!
So in that pic from 1996, did you have the finely crafted brows yet, or were you still tweezer challenged?
HA! Thanks for the chuckle, Donald. And yes, you'd be happy to know that in that '96 pic, my tweezers were in full force.
Something else we have in common! It looks like September is a popular month to get married.
I hope your anniversary was all that you wanted it to be.
Congrats! You are still a darling couple! Hope all is well...tell Grandma Powell hi! I miss her!
What a sweet letter. I didn't realize it was your anniversary! I totally laughed when you said, "Yes, I AM lucky, but isn't HE lucky, too?" I can so hear you saying that.
I love that picture of you two on the bottom. So cute.
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! You have created a lovely life together. I think you're BOTH lucky!
Happy Anniversary!!
Love the engagement picture, but I love the bottom one even more. That sunset is perfection!
You both look as young and gorgeous as you did 12 years ago. Happy Anniversary.
happy anniversary, kim!
You both still look just like your engagement picture, the sunset picture is lovely! Congratulations on 12 years together.
Happy anniversary, I hope you had a grat day together. I love the pictures.
What a 'lucky' couple indeed :)
Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Congrats on 12 years!!!
Nice pictures! You are always so photogenic!!! Show those teeth!
How is preschool going?
Happy years to come for you and your hubby!
Happy Anniversary guys!
Hey Mom I am on Gram's computer. I hope you had a good anniversary!I think that this is funny that I am writing this to you downstairs when you are upstairs!!
Love,
Cameron
You are so cute!
In all this time I completely forgot who you married!!!!duh! Congrats to you too - and Happy Birthday Jeff (from the other blog entry I read).
Post a Comment