- Tuesday - My mom (who graciously babysat so I could go on my trip - split with my dear hubby) left to pick up her BFITWWW Miss Lynn at the Spokane airport with 4 grandkids. They returned later that evening.
- My sister arrived on Tuesday (early evening) with 2 more grandkids and a "friend that's a boy". Her daughter's friend, not hers. Well her friend, too, just not her friend friend. Anyway. :)
- Wednesday - I arrive at 3:30 AM trying not to wake any of the bodies lying everywhere in my house! The count had reached 15 people.
- Wednesday morning 8am, SURPRISE! My brother and his family of 4 arrived earlier than we were expecting and I couldn't wait to get my hands on his newest baby boy born 5 months earlier! Make that 19 people.
- Wednesday 3-6pm - my brother, sister, sister-in-law, 11 grandkids and "friend" head to the park so I could have my Preschool Open House in "peace". We had spent all day cleaning and making 10,993 chocolate chip cookies.
- Thursday - All 19 of us head to the Hermiston Water Park. Too bad I forgot my camera. Even worse was the toddler (not ours) who decided to lay some cable right there in the kiddie end of the fun pool. We were dismissed to the boring pool (and completely grossed out) but not for too long. We all survived.
- Friday - we spent the whole day at Fish Hook Park, boating, tubing, skiing, knee-boarding, laughing, eating, playing, napping, etc. We loved it! Jeff drove the boat for 7 hours making sure everyone got their fill. Thankfully, the boat lasted right until the very end when the engine overheated and they had to get towed in. Memories, that's all it is, memories.

I had to put this in here. Is he not the cutest baby boy ever? I promise, this picture captured exactly who he is. He is the sweetest thing, such a calm demeanor, nothing but lovable. Mmmm, I could just eat him up! Come back, Rhett!
My other brother and his family of 6 arrive that night. Now it's 25 people! In my house! I LOVE IT!
- Saturday - we just hung out waiting to head to the stake center for Cameron's baptism. He had a great program and we had lots of family participate. I couldn't believe my nephew - he's headed off to BYU next week - he had broken his hand 2 weeks earlier and was supposed to be our pianist. He decided to just play a musical number that he arranged and sung himself WITH ONLY 7 FINGERS!! His hand was in a splint/cast and he only had 2 fingers sticking out of it! I was simply amazed. You would never have known by the way he was playing that his right hand had only 2 functioning fingers on it! I'll never forget that as long as I live. Thanks, Jeff. You're incredible. It was so special for us to have so much of our family there that day. Cameron is one loved little man.
Chris thought he was pretty hot stuff getting the 100%. He needed a challenge.
- Sunday - the sad day when everyone had to head back home to their normal lives. Back down to just the 6 of us.
Then Drew came along and put Chris in his place. MWAH HA HA HA!!!
My house was so quiet by noon and I hated it. I LOVED seeing my family and wished we all lived closer to each other. I can't wait to have a house packed full to the rim with family again. We of course missed Dad, and my brother Scott and his family of 4 since he's still in Iraq right now.
Thanks so much to all of my family for the fun and memorable week. I love you guys.
Now, if we could just try to get back to our normal life while summer is coming to an end, try to get ready for the first day of school next Wednesday (!!), keep taking the boys to football 5 days a week, and get ready to start another year of preschool. When will life ever slow down?
12 comments:
Kim, you are amazing to host so many people! It looks like it was a blast. I love the picture of your sweet baby nephew. He is beautiful.
P.S.
LOVE your super cute shirt in the last picture! If we were in the same ward, we could like totally call each other every Sunday and wear all our matching clothes. Twinners!! ;) (you know I'm kidding about matching all the time right? Only if we were in 6th grade) :) :) :)
Sounds like a fantastic time with a full house and lots of fun. I can't believe you had everyone there while you were doing your pre-school open house and planning a baptism. You are incredible! And your baby nephew is adorable.
That is one of the cutest, most precious babies I have ever seen! And I now officially dub you Superwoman! You are crazy insane, and I don't think I know anyone else who would handle the madness with a smile on their face, and end with a sad goodbye! Truly inspiring.
A full house of family is always so fun! I love your jumping in the air photos! It has seemed like a summer full of crammed in testivities for lots of families this year...that's the best way to do it!
Yeah, that picture of Rhett is incredible. I love the pictures of Chris rocking out. And that giant family picture is amazing, you must have had one heck of a photographer take that. :) It was so awesome finally putting faces to all these people I feel like I know! Glad you had such a great reunion.
Kim, reading this just makes me exhausted. I too can't believe everything that you squeezed into one week. WOW. You are awesome. It looks like your reunion was so fun. I love all the pictures. Glad you had a great time and good luck getting ready for school to start. Let the countdown begin!
Wow, I'm so jealous you got to have all your family here for a few days together! My family keeps trying to put something together, but we're just too big and too spread apart to make it work.
So I need to clarify before I look too nerdy...the 100% was only on a medium level. It really isn't that hard. Drew and I were battling on expert. I took him down on a few songs, but he won the majority and was definitely better overall.
Ok. Clarifying things didn't make me look any less nerdy.
Thanks for hosting the reunion Kim. We had a blast.
Um...I don't know if life ever slows down (I know that was a rhetorical question, but I wanted to put in my two cents). You did pack quite a bit into a short time - and you kept your sanity - you're awesome! And that picture of Rhett is ADORABLE! (And 100% on medium is very good!!)
Wow, impressive...that many people in one house and no black eyes in the baptism photos to show for it. Wouldn't have been that way with my wife's family. They can barely handle a family holiday dinner here and there let alone many days in the same house. We tried it last year, ended up with some good outbursts and arguments, so we didn't do one this year. Makes me wish I lived closer to my family up in WA.
It was great to see photos of how your siblings families have grown, and yours too.
You may be excited to have school start! So you can relax!
I love family gatherings! Glad you had fun!
Yeah, that was a fun weekend!!! (Nick insisted i put 3 exclamations!) The kids had a blast. It was really fun to see Mindy and Chris/Kim and Miss Lynn. We miss talking to them and joking around. You are an amazing person to be sad for the silence. I'm sorry to admit, I kind of enjoyed vegging in silence that Sunday! Thanks for being such a great hostess and letting us do whatever we wanted to have fun!
Post a Comment