I actually got 11 loads of laundry washed, dryed, folded, and PUT AWAY yesterday! Look at me go! We were outside all day on Monday - in the rain, sunshine, wind, freezing cold, what was up with Monday's weather? - building our rock wall for our outdoor firepit. (Pics will follow upon completion) We are building up the ground behind the wall to taper down to the fence and we'll plant trees and shrubs for that secluded feel. The topsoil we needed to build up the ground behind the wall has now equaled 16 yards!! Needless to say, I have the hugest inviting dirt pile in my backyard that just beckons my clean children to come and play in. Hence all the laundry. I refuse to sweep or mop one more fleck of dust in this house until Spring Break is over. It's useless I tell you!
Aside from the hours of yardwork we've been putting in, we did manage to befriend a groundhog in our backyard. Brady thinks it's a girl. I asked him why. He said, "Didn't you hear that eek eek eek eek eeek sound she was making as I got closer to her? I think she's trying to protect her babies!" Oh. Lovely. A whole family of them within arms reach of our garden. Perfect.
We also went and saw Nim's Island yesterday. Great family movie. The kids loved it and want to buy it when it comes out on video. It also provided a much needed break from the house.
Tomorrow we're off to enjoy this fun place. Needed to get out of town atleast once this vacation! We'll be back hard at work in the yard again this weekend, though. Hope you all are finding time for some break away from the mundane this week!
I'll leave you with this. Maddie is this close - imagine my thumb and forefinger barely touching - to being ready to potty train. I'm not going gung ho with it until school's over. If she's ready before that of course I won't be opposed to starting earlier but we're good with the diapers still. For right now anyway. She can practically change her own diaper though. She INSISTS on wiping herself and putting on the diaper rash ointment all by herself. Lately she's been taking her diaper off when she goes potty in it once. I'll find it on the floor somewhere while she just runs around in her birthday suit. I love her little bum though so it is kind of cute. Until I saw this!
Much to my indescribable relief, upon closer inspection, I noticed it was just a half-chewed tootsie roll. WHEW!! Close one, Maddie! How many more days till Spring Break is over?
21 comments:
Lucky you.... potty training has been a no-go over here.
You wake up at 7 on spring break? I don't even wake up at 7 when it's not spring break. I've been rolling out of bed at 9 this week!
I can't believe you have a groundhog. That's exciting. Oh, and I was eating lunch when I saw your tootsie roll turd picture. I just about lost it.
The mock poop is a perfect picture! Thank goodness it wasn't the real thing.
Have a great time at the water park!!
I apologize in advance for this, but I can't resist:
I have a story about tootsie rolls and poop. You know my friend Jeremy? When we were roommates, he used to eat food while he was taking a dump. I asked him how in the world he could possibly do that, because in my opinion, the smell of the poo would make the food taste bad. He told me it didn't affect him at all and that I should try it. I refused over and over again, until one day I decided to try. I chose to eat a tootsie roll. I will never do that again. Food should not be going in and out of your body at the same time.
That picture looks gross.
Bye bye.
Sounds like a fun Spring Break. I'm going to have to thank Chris for apologizing first...that might have been just a little TMI! Isn't potty training so fun!!! I'm so glad Alyssa's all done! Only one more to go! :)
Chris,Thats hilarious! Kim, I just wanted to know if any olfactory senses were used in determining it was indeed a tootsie roll?
Wow, with the lead up to that picture, it was pretty frightening... and gross. I was so glad it was just a tootsie roll! Kids sure can keep us on our toes.
That just looks gross. It might be a while before I eat one of those again.
Your brother reminds me so much of my brothers and my husband. The same humor.
It sounds like you guys are having a great spring break. Enjoy your trip.
Enjoy triple play. My Cameron asks every day if we can go.
So glad that little mess was easy to clean and required no disinfectant.
Have fun! I am house and yard worked out! After this spring yard stuff is done (is it ever) you need to invite us all over to enjoy your fire pit!
Chris - you crack me up. Why in world would Jeremy eat on the toilet? Like what? A big burrito or just a piece of candy? That's just wrong. That's so funny you started with a tootsie roll and said you'd never do that again. Too funny.
Jeff - sweetie. Do you honestly think I would use my nose to determine what this pile of poop was on our carpet? I squished it first! Just kidding. I stared at it long and hard from a safe distance crossing my fingers that it wasn't what I thought it was. The teeth marks were a dead giveaway. Then I smelled it!
Brenda - you guys have an open invitation. Come over anytime!
You must be thrilled at the idea of being diaper free!!
Sounds like you guys are having a great spring break, that water park sounds like a blast! That last picture almost got me. Whew, only a tootsie roll. Good luck with the potting training, bribery always worked for me.
I am with my daughter its a little gross picture.
I am feeling a little "flushed" after reading this post. Good luck with the training. At first, I thought it was a piece of chocolate chewing gum.
WOW, you have been busy. 11 loads of Laundry! Awesome. Potty training, not so fun. That picture is totally nasty, how real it looks. I've heard ab out Nim's Island, and we have been wanting to go to Triple Play. I hope you guys have a great time!
Love the poop pic. I can't wait for your completion of the fire pit! What a fun thing to have!
Good for you on the 11 loads of laundry!
Kim,
Jeremy would eat anything while he was on the toilet: a bag of chips, a plate of spaghetti, a piece of cake, beef jerky, you name it. It didn't bother him one bit.
Wow! That really did look like poop.
Hope you guys had fun at Triple play.
I can't believe all you guys are getting done during Spring Break. That's terrific. I definitely want to see pictures of your fire pit when it is finished.
A fire pit sounds so fun! Can't wait for the pictures. Yeah, that tootsie roll is a little TOO realistic.
It's so nice to get your last one potty trained. No more diapers! The day after we started potty training Davis, we purchased a carpet cleaner - what we found on our carpet was NOT a chewed up tootsie roll!
Am I the only parent that was ready for Spring Break to be over? I got very tired of "I'm bored!" Although I'll miss the lazy mornings - I'm with you Kim, they're the best!
Post a Comment