April 23, 2008

Madster


To my sweet baby girl,


I look at you and marvel at how quickly you've grown up. You're supposed to be my sweet, tiny baby forever! Everyday you surprise me with what you understand, what you say, and how you've changed into this fun-loving, happy little girl with hardly any baby left in you! Stop!


Lately, you've loved getting yourself dressed. Thankfully, you let me change your clothes before we go somewhere, but I love that you want to do that. You also know how to entertain yourself. I know I've been so busy with my hectic schedule but you seldom if ever complain. Sometimes when you're a little too quiet, I come to check up on you and find that you've started the portable DVD player all by yourself and are content watching the Chipmunk movie on the floor. Once in a while, I'll hear the Hannah Montana CD blaring on your sister's CD player and you're just rocking out, singing and dancing to your favorite music. You love wearing Ally's old Dora backpack and pretend like you're getting ready for school. I know it won't be too long before this day actually comes. You'll love it, I'm sure of it!


My heart swells with love when your little arms are around my neck. I love your hugs and kisses and how you pat my back when we're hugging. I also love when you answer my "Hee, hee, hee!" with your, "Ho, ho, ho!"


Maddie, you are an amazing little girl. You are so sweet. You are in love with your family and are completely adored by us, too. You love to play with your little friends and I see this very thoughtful, tender little personality come out when you play. You definitely have your moments as every 2 year old would, but "sweet" is the best word to describe you.


I love you, Maddie, and my baby you'll always be.

Forever and ever,

Mom

16 comments:

Brenda said...

I love this post. Maddie is a sweetie that is for sure. She adores Cheznee and tries to teach her so much... I am also glad I get to spend the time with her I do, she is showing me what to expect! I just hope my baby girl grows up to be as sweet and loving as Maddie is at 2.

::lindsay said...

Very sweet tribute to Maddie! What a sweetheart.

Jessica said...

Very sweet post! She is such a cutie!

Shayla said...

This was so sweet, Kim. Maddie is so adorable, I love to see her toddling around before preschool starts...greeting all the kids as they come in as if she's part of the gang.

tharker said...

I really cannot believe how fast Maddie has grown. It really seems like just yesterday that you, Nicole and Nichol had your sweet babies! Can it really have been two years since those kiddos were born???

What a sweet little letter to your darling little girl.

tharker said...

Do you really think that I could have said really anymore than I really did?

Alicia Leppert said...

I just love Maddie. It breaks my heart that I'm not her favorite anymore. She is such a doll. How lucky for you that she's so self-entertaining. I can only dream...

Jan said...

There is something special about our little girls. I just enjoy having them around. It sounds like you have a very close relationship and that is so nice to write down your feelings so that she can read how important she really is to you.
Enjoy your little Maddie. She is darling Kim.

chris jenkins said...

that is so sweet :)

Debie Spurgeon said...

Maddie is lucky to have such an adoring mommy and family as you. The love we feel for our children is amazing, such a blessing to have these sweet spirits in our homes. She is growing and gorgeous.

Kris said...

She is such a cute little girl. This was a wonderful post Kim. Yesterday when I picked up the girls, I was saw Maddie. She was so cute in her pigtails and dress. It's so fun to have a little girl!

Nicole said...

Maddie is a total sweetheart. It is so fun to watch these kids grow up, and yes Tiffani, it seems like that was yesterday that all 3 of them made their appearance. I must say I am very impressed that Maddie can start the DVD player all by herself. That is impressive.

Sarah said...

She is just a doll! I love her little smile and happy face. This was such a sweet post to your daughter!

Marilyn said...

She is a cutie. That bottom right corner picture looks like a little mini Kim. I can't believe how much she looks like you!

Lisa Christine said...

It will be so special for her to read this one day.
They do grow a little too fast don't they? Some days I am glad of that, on others I panic at the thought of my children growing up. All we can do is enjoy the moments we are in as we are in them. Maddie is an adorable child.

Deborama said...

Hi I snuck on your blog from Jodi's, I love your srapbooking pages on your slide show, do you do them online or regular? Debbie