Do you find yourself saying things you thought you'd never say? My mom used to say things like this and unfortunately I find myself saying the exact same things to my own children. Do any of these sound familiar to you, too?
All I do is follow you around, picking up after you like some maid.
Beds are NOT made for jumping on.
Close the door! You don't live in a barn.
Do you think I'm made of money?
Do you think your socks are going to pick themselves up?
Don't go out with a wet head, you'll catch cold.
Don't make me get up!
Don't run in the house.
Don't talk with your mouth full!
Don't walk away when I'm talking to you!
Enough is enough!
Go play outside! It's a beautiful day!
How do you know you don't like it if you haven't tasted it?
I didn't ask who put it there, I said "Pick it up!"
I don't care what "everyone" is doing. I care what YOU are doing!
I don't have to explain myself. I said no.
I hope someday you have children just like you.
I just want what's best for you.
I will always love you - no matter what.
If it were a snake, it would have bitten you.
If you're too sick to go to school, you're too sick to play outside.
I'm not going to ask you again.
Isn't it past your bedtime?
Life isn't always fair.
Money does NOT grow on trees.
Say that again and I'll wash your mouth out with soap.
Shut the door! I'm not heating the entire neighborhood!
Someone is going to end up crying.
What did I say the FIRST time?
What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?
What part of NO don't you understand?
When you have your own house then you can make the rules!
Who taught you THAT? You didn't learn that in this house!
You can't find it? Well, how would I know? I didn't wear it last!
You can't find it? Well, if you'd put things where they belonged, you wouldn't have this problem.
You don't always get what you want.
You kids are trying to drive me crazy!
You'll understand when you're older.
Clean up after yourself!
Did you clean your room?
Did you flush?
Do you live to annoy me?
Don't ask me WHY. The answer is NO.
Don't make me come in there!
Don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been.
Don't run with a lollipop in your mouth.
Don't use that tone with me!
Don't you have anything better to do?
Go ask your father.
Go to your room and think about what you did!
How many times do I have to tell you?
I don't care who started it, I said stop!
I don't care who started it, YOU stop it!
I would have never talked to MY mother like that!
If I catch you doing that one more time, I'll...
If I've told you once ... I've told you a thousand times.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
If you don't stop crying, I am going to give you something to cry about!
If you're too full to finish your dinner, you're too full for dessert.
I'm going to give you until the count of three...
I'm not always going to be around to do these things for you.
Is your homework finished?
I've had it up to here with you.
Leave your sister (brother) alone!
Look at this room! It looks like a pigsty!
No, I don't know where your socks are, its not my day to watch them!
Now, say you're sorry...and MEAN it!
Think of those poor starving children in Africa.
Why? Because I SAID so, that's why!
You are getting on my last nerve.
You can go out to play...after you pick up your room.
You just ate an hour ago!
You WILL eat it, and you WILL like it!
You will ALWAYS be my baby.
and the all too popular
Your father is going to hear about this when HE gets home!
Do I sound like a MOM or what?!
9 comments:
I swear sometimes that Kendle really is trying to drive me crazy. We've had the wildest day today and I know I've said more than a few of those on your list. My mom's personal favorite was "you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar" which was her reply every time I complained about someone who irritated me, she always wanted me to be the better person.
I am so glad to hear that I'm not the only one that says all of these things to my kids. The one I say the most is, "You Just Ate an Hour Ago." Seriously, my kids will ask for something to eat while I'm doing the dishes for the meal we all just ate!!
Thanks for posting the info. on my blog. It sounds like there were some good changes. Are you and Alicia in the same ward??
These are all too familiar sayings around here too! My favorite is "Did I ask WHO did it?"
I sound more like my mother than I EVER thought I would ;)
This is a great list! I can't believe how many of them I say all the time. Lately the food one is my worst, too. Payson asks to eat every half hour, it makes me insane. So I'm constantly saying, "We don't eat all day long! We have three meals, two snacks. You JUST had breakfast (or lunch)!"
Kristen, we aren't in the same ward!! :( I'm in 3rd, I feel like I've been cut off from everyone! I'm not even in the same ward as my brother, who lives directly behind me, our backyards touching!
Have you been spying on me?
That is quite the list. Did you think of all of those by yourself?
Yeah I would say I have said at least 90% of those 1000 times, sometimes it gets soooo old! Glad to know that I am not the only one!!
Have you been talking to my children?
Very comprehensive list. Sounds like me---except when I say it, it's usually in the most exasperated tone!
Post a Comment