December 6, 2007

Hair Fun!

Okay, I know these pictures are SOOOOOO OOOOOOLD! But I just got them developed today and thought they were soooo cute so of course I had to share them! I'm just crossing my fingers for a digital camera for Christmas. I don't know about going back to 35mm film. It seems so archaic. So look at these:




Here's Maddie getting her very first haircut. She's a whopping 21 months old in these pictures! I never waited that long for the other kids, but she was my little baldy.
She hated every minute of it. She couldn't stand sitting there all by herself and having to sit still.
I know she's probably thinking, "Why are you just taking pictures of my misery?" But of course this had to be documented!
So here's the final product. A cute little bob. You can see the front view in the mirror. Adorable! She got a little over 2 inches cut off in the back to even out the mullet she was sporting around. Poor thing, she just cried the whole time!!

So here's Ally getting her first perm. She BEGGED me for over 6 months to let her have the hair that stayed curly even after it got wet. She sat so still while getting it rolled and sat here under the "stinky helmet" as she called it. She was such a good little girl and the perm didn't take!! I felt so bad!! But, Sonja called Megan and found out for little girls the overnight perm is the way to go.


So here is Ally with her 2nd perm. It was only 4 days after her first perm and she sat like a little angel again!! This time she was sent home with the rods in, slept with them in, and went back to Sonja's the following morning to finish the perm. Apparently keeping the rods in over 8 hours usually works the best for girls under 11 or 12.

As you can see, the perm turned out beautifully and getting it rolled twice in one week paid off. Ally absolutely loves her curly hair and that it stays curly even after it gets wet. I love that it is SO much easier to do!!

12 comments:

Jessica said...

How cute are they? Shayla is wanting a perm SOOOOO bad, I am tempted to let her get one now that I see how cute her's turned out! Did Sonya Knight do it??

meohmyers said...

Yes, it was Sonja Knight. I know she moved, but I don't have her new address. I'm pretty sure her number is the same though.

tharker said...

Yep, the perm is the way to go if you want easy hair during school mornings! And I agree that the overnight perm is also the ticket!

Your girls both look adorable.

Shayla said...

Oh, poor Maddie, she looks traumatized. :-) Your girls are just adorable. I swear every time I see Ally in a picture, she has this perfect pose and smile...she's a natural at getting her picture taken.

Kris said...

That face of Maddie's is classic! I love Ally's hair. She's so cute!

susie said...

They both turned out AWESOME! Adorable!!! I hope you don't have to use 35 mm too much longer...and I hope you get Adobe Photoshop Elements for Christmas too so we can get started!!! :)

Sarah said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the hairdo's.

::lindsay said...

You sure have some cute girls! I imagine it is so much easier fixing the curly hair.

Heather said...

Oh, look at my little clone! Her hair is super adorable, wish I could say mine looked that good 1/2 of the time.

Alicia Leppert said...

What adorable pictures. Those ones of Maddie just break my heart!

I have Adobe Photoshop and I swear by it. It rocks!

dandee said...

Abby keeps telling me she wants curly hair. I don't think her fine hair will take it though. Mine never did.

Your girls are the cutest!

Lee said...

That is so cute. I want to get my dds hair permed. She has some curl but not that much. I need to look into that overnight perm. Thanks for the info.