June 30, 2008

El Nino Visits Tri-Cities!

Chris Farley cracks me up. I was reminded of this video last night while braving the storm at
3 o'clock this morning!






So last night at 3am, Jeff and I were awakened to the horrible storm that had been brewing outside. He looked out the window and noticed our trampoline was folded over our fence like a taco! So we had to run outside in the lightning, thunder, hail, and wind gusts of 59mph! (not to mention it felt like it was still 100 degrees at that time) and try to pull our trampoline off of our fence before it blew over into our neighbor's yard. Then we had to find a way to keep it on the ground until the storm blew over. This is what our "El Nino" did to our trampoline last night.



Crazy, I know. Um, yeah, kids, this is probably not safe to jump on right now. Did anyone else notice any damage this morning from that awful storm?

21 comments:

Sarah said...

So sorry about your trampoline! A year or two ago when we had a bad windstorm, my parents trampoline flew over their neighbors fence and broke into a hundred pieces. They couldn't figure out where it went the next morning! I looked outside this morning and our nieghbors tree is about a foot or so from falling on her house! It is a big tree too!

Kris said...

That picture of the trampoline is so crazy. I still haven't investigated any damages. 2 years ago our trampoline blew over into the neighbors yard and landed on top of a fence post. Yeah it got ruined. The wind here is so crazy! I hope you can fix your tramp, so your kids can use it this summer.

Brenda said...

My son Trevor is TERRIFIED of the wind. So needless to say, we were up at 3:00am as well gathering everything up from our yard (and a few things from down the street) to stop the screaming child. We only had one board come off the fence, no other real damage (other than the lack of sleep making me grumpy :)

Does anyone know how fast the wind gusts were blowing at last night?

Heather said...

Kaden commented how our neighbor got a new trampoline.

I looked out and sure enough they had a new trampoline, courtesy of our other neighbors.

Luckily ours stayed put!!

hatch said...

That was a wild storm. That crazy El Nino. We found all of our patio chairs spread out over the neighborhood, and one of the chairs is now missing some of its legs. Our poor neighbors have been working so hard on building their play structure and it blew over. It was quite a wind storm.

Jan said...

It was so crazy last night. I am posting our damage too after I am home from work.

I just now understand what the people in the Midwest are going through. But on such a smaller scale. It sure brings a sense of appreciation to those that really suffer.

Sorry about your trampline. It really folded up.

Kristi said...

Wow, I was totally oblivious! I went running this morning and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Was it just your neighborhood? ;-) That stinks about your trampoline. Didn't it flip during an earlier storm? The wind storms here can get a little crazy, but I still love this place!

Alicia Leppert said...

Kristi I don't know how you missed it! It woke up both my kids (and they sleep like rocks at night) and Bill (I hadn't gone to bed yet...reading New Moon!) and we both had to look out the window, it sounded SO BAD! I was shocked to see our trampoline stood still and is still in the same spot this morning. I don't think we had any damage at all that I know of, but I can't believe we didn't. I kept expecting our house to suddenly lift up and fly away.

Is your trampoline history do you think?

Brenda said...

We should have got together at 3 AM we were doing the same thing. Kenny and I were able to disassemble ours so it wouldn't blow away. Can you believe how hot it was! I came inside after gathering up our stuff all over and needed a shower!

Sara said...

Yeah, that was some crazy weather last night. I hope you get the tramp fixed, I am sure your kids loved to see it this morning. Pretty cool pic!

MichelleB said...

Oh how I love modern medicine. Ambien for Michelle and night night, I heard nothing!!! Even my flag is still attached to my house. I can't believe how easily trampolines go. Maybe in the ground is the way to have it.

Nicole said...

Our tramp survived last night - although we did check on it several times. This winter, it did blow over our fence just into our front yard. I did not get very much sleep though. That wind was insane!

Jodi said...

Your reference to Chris Farly is hilarious!!! I miss his humor. And that storm was crazy this morning. I'm the only one in my family that woke up to it and I even took a sleeping aid last night. I guess I should look out to see if we have any damage...crossing my fingers. Phew - just leaning trees. Your tramp is crazy!! My boys are very concerned about it. (Jake just gave Maddie's picture "knucks.")

tharker said...

I can't believe that picture! Crazy!

I will say that you still looked pretty darn chipper when I saw you at the pool today! I never would have known that you were up at 3am on yard duty!

Don't you love Jamie Liddel!!! Thanks to Marilyn, I love him so!

tharker said...

Okay, sorry. I just realized that Jamie Liddel was somehow still playing from Marilyn's playlist while I was looking at your blog. Too funny!

Debie Spurgeon said...

That was a crazy storm. Only one of my kids woke up though, I just don't get it.
We didn't have any damage, just a blown over playhouse and kiddie slide and our BBQ cover is missing.

Janna G said...

Our patio umbrella was bent in the last storm is now broken in two. Chairs are scattered through out the yard. And the pool cover was blown off but not out, it was sunk into the pool. We also had more bugs in the pool than I have had before. What a night I also saw other trampolines blown and bent around the area.

Anonymous said...

If you get cinder blocks and put on the legs it keeps them on the ground

Anonymous said...

I did put cinder blocks on 3 of the 4 legs and it STILL blew away. I was thinking about filling a couple pickup tires with concrete and using them as anchors. As you see in the picture we improvised and use the kids tetherball pole to get through the night.

Amy J. said...

Hey Kim, Sorry we missed out on all the fun! Here in Orlando there have been amazing thunder storms every afternoon but I havn't seen any tramps fly by. Grandpa Cazier said that the trailer John uses to haul the lawn mower ended up in the grass but I think that is about it. (I was kinda hoping the dog would have blown away) Love the picture.

The Donald said...

That is crazy. I didn't even hear the storm, I slept through it all.

Oh ya, the skirt is a faker. Here is the link here:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/risque/skirts.asp