June 13, 2008

And the Winner is...

Wow. I have some of the best friends a girl could ever dream of having! You all are just too good to me. It has been so fun coming to my blog today and reading all of these wonderful comments you've written about me or to me. It truly brightened my birthday and I highly recommend you all doing this sometime! I literally had a smile on my face all day today and for that I thank you! I know which post I'll come to if I'm ever having a bad day! This one is sure to cheer me right up!!

I smiled at every single comment and could pick any one of you as my birthday giveaway winner. I appreciate my "silent bloggers" coming out of hiding just this one time and your comments truly made my day! I love my old and my new friends whose comments made me smile and my family members with their reminders of some really good times.

I admit, I was going to cheat and go to random.org for my winner and take the easy way out! How could I possibly choose one winner on my own? You all made me so happy today! But I'm putting on a brave face and doing exactly what I said I would do, following my own rules, and will declare the winner as the one whose comment made me the "smiliest".

My winner is.....

SUSIE!!!

Oh my gosh. This definitely got the biggest reaction out of me and I was on the floor laughing. I know, my old friends probably had an unfair advantage and you all are probably thinking I'm not being fair. But it's true. If you had watched me today, you'd ask what I was reading that made me laugh so hard and this was it. I have to admit, there were some pretty "smiley" moments all day long today but this one was hilarious. Although I wasn't originally looking for the "funniest" comment, but how do you decide? That was pretty clever putting an old 80's picture slide show right into your comment! Thank you SO MUCH for proving to me that getting older is a WONDERFUL thing!! And that made me so happy. It's all subjective, isn't it? And I was the judge.

So, Susie, my birthday giveaway winner, I will get your lovely prize in the mail this weekend and I appreciate everyone who participated in this birthday post today. It made me happy and that was my goal! Thank you!!! A happy birthday was had by me!!

A shout out has to go to my dear friend, Alicia, for making this day so special for me with a birthday post and a lunch date. I loved it! And to my mom for babysitting ... all ... day ... long ... Thanks, mom! You're the best! And to my sweet husband for the best gift ever, a fabulous dinner out and a not so great movie, but that's okay, there's always next time, right? And to my brother, Chris, and his fabulous wife, Kim, for the traditional birthday medley over the phone. And to my dad for a phone conversation that I will never forget. And to Kristi for the birthday bread, so thoughtful.

Thanks, everyone for making this a special day!!
I love birthdays!!!

7 comments:

susie said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!! I'm totally excited!!! I'm glad I made you smile. It made me smile thinking about those good times and looking through the old photos! Glad you had a wonderful day! Do you remember that we 'got back in touch' 7 years ago today? I don't remember exactly...but you had gotten my e-mail off some high school website and we e-mailed or talked the day after your birthday (and it was right before you found out you were pregnant w/ Ally)! CRAZY! It's been so fun! :) So glad that we are still 'frenz'! :)

Lisa Christine said...

How did I miss this yesterday!?!?! Bummer....that'll teach me not to be a blogging slacker!

Glad you had a great day Kim!

Kristi said...

Hey, I recognize the setting for one of those pictures -- it was taken at Girl's Camp! I remember those benches and trees! Since you grew up in Auburn, we would have gone to the same place, though at different times. How funny. Glad you had a great day!

Alicia Leppert said...

Yeah, Suzie definitely deserves a prize for sharing those pictures with the world! Thanks Suzie for the glimpse at the prepubescent Kim!

Jodi said...

Great comment Susie!! So glad to hear you had a great birthday Kim!

tharker said...

I'm glad you had such a great day Kim!!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Yikes! How did we miss your birthday? But I did give you cake last weekend. I just wish we'd have sung! Glad you got nice treats from all. Do tell what in the world you talked to your dad about!! And since we missed the gushing comments blog, we love you lots especially your great sense of humor! (I'm sure you need it to tolerate us! :) and your wonderful hospitality anytime we come down.