Boating!Now that the sun has finally made it's presence known, we are enjoying every minute of being outside! My kids love going out on the boat and playing in the water. We'll log several miles on the river again this summer for sure! Especially since our major outdoor projects are finished, that leaves us lots of play time! We can't wait!
Scout Camp!
Thanks to this fantastic scout leader, our boys had the most amazing time at scout camp! They completed and passed off tons of things and made several amazing projects! They couldn't wait to get up every morning and head off to camp! The theme this year was Cubs Down Under and they loved being able to gut fish, carve soap with real pocket knives, make boomerangs and bullroars, paint rocks, cook foil packs on the hot coals, and especially loved the archery. That of course is only a few of the things they got to do. There was a lot more! I appreciate so much the great leaders we have in our scout troop. They are so great in making sure the boys are having a good time while passing off all the requirements.
We're off to a great summer! I hope it never ends! We've got lots to keep us busy though. Swim lessons, swim team, football, gymnastics, the STP, Silverwood, Lincoln City, Cameron's baptism/family reunion, and getting ready for another year of preschool! Busy, busy!
And since I finished this series which I LOVED...
...I CAN'T WAIT for the 4th book to come out on August 2nd! It's been hard squeezing in time to read when there's a million other things I need to do but I literally couldn't put these books down. I had to start this book to kill the time between now and August 2nd!
I'm about 2/3 the way through it and I have to admit, it took me almost 100 pages to get into this one! I was so confused in the beginning but stuck with it and things started making sense. So now of course, I need to see how it ends, but I enjoyed reading the Twilight series much better! I'll let you know what I think of the Host when I'm through.
Enjoy your summer break!
25 comments:
Wow! You have been so busy, with a busy busy summer ahead of you! Are YOU biking from seattle to portland??
I have been wondering about the host, I have heard mixed reviews, you will have to let me know what you think.
Looks like a busy summer like the rest of us! It is fun to get a sneak in everyones life!
I loved Day camp too! I was there the first day! So amazing of how well organized it was! Good job Amy! You are amazing!
We need to get together and share ideas for upcoming preschool year!
No, Jess, that's definitely not going to be me biking in the STP! I just go along for all of Jeff's endeavors!
Wow, this was the post of all posts! You covered so much!
Let me start by saying that you have absolutely beautiful children! They should be models!
And it definately looks like you have the summer started off right! It's barely begun and you have already had tons of fun.
I have heard so much about the Twilight Series and I am beginning to think that I am the only one who hasn't read them. Maybe I should see what all the talk's about :)
Happy Summer!
Thanks for the glimpse of what your summer is going to be like! We will be there along with you for a few things.
That Day camp sounded like it was a great event! Amy did a great job!
I will be interested in what you think of the Host when you are done. I really think the whole concept was really brilliant.
Happy Summer. Thanks for the updates and the fun pictures.
Wow, I think you did more this last week than we will do ALL summer!!
Heather's comment cracked me up because it sounds like her summers and ours are very similar ;)
Your summer looks like it's going to be a fun one! I loved all the pictures of your boys at Day Camp. I didn't realize that Cameron was in scouts already! Looks like they had a great time.
I feel exactly the same way about The Host. It was so hard to get into and confusing. It actually took me until about page 250 to get into it. I'm glad I finished, but I like the Twilight series MUCH better too.
How fun. I love the pictures of the boys at Cub Camp. The boating looks like a blast. I need to read the Host, and I love the crazy hair day. It's been a full first week of summer.
Tiffani - actually since Cameron turns 8 this summer, he was given permission to attend day camp this year and is able to pass off everything he did at camp as well. He's not technically a cub scout yet but it's only weeks away. Isn't that nice of the leaders? He LOVED it!
If your schedule has to be full then that's the way to do it. It does seem like the older the kids get the more active our summers are. But those are the things they are going to remember...Silverwood, Dad dying on the way to Portland, Mom's nose in a book.
I LOVE your pictures, Kim. They blow me away, every time. Always so crisp and colorful. I don't know how I'm going to wait to get a DSLR if I have to keep looking at everyone's amazing pictures from them! If you ever want some company on those boating trips, we'd be happy to oblige. :-)
I loved all your pictures. You are sweet to acknowledge all of Amy's hard work, she really did an amazing job. Day camp was an awesome start to summer for the boys.
I am jealous that all your major outdoor projects are done. We've been here almost 5 years and still working.
That was VERY nice of those leaders. And how great is it that Cameron was able to pass so much off. Good for him! It sounds like the leaders all worked so hard to make Day Camp a great experience. Josh will be so excited to go next year!
What in the world are you doing up at 7:50 am on summer vacation?! I don't get out of bed before 8:00, today it was 9:00.
I was hoping to see a picture of me wedged between Cameron and Brady on the tube behind the boat, but I guess you didn't have your camera that time.
I'm dying to hear what you thought of the host.
You posted some great pictures on this post Kim. Congratulations to your nephew, he sounds like he has a lot going for him. Cub Camp looks like fun, I've heard a lot of positive things about how it went and how great it was. The boating looks like a nice way to cool off on a hot day!
Wow, what a surprise to come to your blog and see a big pic of Jeff! And such nice things you said. I won't burst anyone's bubble by mentioning the state of his room!! :) Loved the picture of Brady on the tube. That was so incredible! And when are you coming to Silverwood? We might have to tag along. Also you convinced me to read Twilight and I LOVED it!! I've got a bid for New Moon on e-bay right now! keep having a great summer!
Wow, you guys are busy! It looks like you're having a great time, though.
I'm glad you've had a good June. Carson will be so excited to go to scout camp next year. Silverwood should be so fun. I've never been but we are thinking of going.
Okay, am I dumb? What's a DSLR? I'm looking for a new camera - I need some help. When my boys saw the pictures of yours at Scout Day Camp, they were even MORE upset that they weren't able to go. :( It would have been Kyle's first year going. But next year Davis, Kyle, and Jake can go! YEAH!! I'm also anxious to hear about your opinion of "The Host" when you finish. I finished it on the drive to McCall.
Oh, and great form Brady!
Okay, it's me again...I guess I am dumb. I just noticed this was all one post. Isn't it crazy how fast time everybody else ages and we stay the same age?? The boating pictures look great!! We're available all summer long. ;)
Yeah! I found your blog. How do you find time to read? I also cannot wait for the forth book.
I love the new look of your blog! And the countdowns are awesome! Is it bad that I'll want to watch the movie when it comes out on Bennett's birthday???
Thanks Kim about the activity day.
It went so well. It was one of their favorites so far. They seemed so into it. Those qtips make no mess at all and are so easy to use. I plan on doing something like that again.
Beautiful pictures of you families summer and what you're doing. You are getting so good with the camera. I love that you are doing what you said you would do. Get better with the camera. Have a continued great summer. It sounds loaded with fun and memories. Take care.
Post a Comment