So I thought I'd do another birthday giveaway this year but do it a little differently.
No quiz. No "my favorite things". No counting, cutting, pasting, printing, cutting again. Where was random.org when I needed it? No pulling a name out of a hat.
Instead, I'm asking only one thing. Just one birthday wish. If you are reading this, then leave me a comment. I want to see who comes by my blog everyday or just once in a while. That's all I ask.
But here is the condition if you want to win this giveaway:
The comment has to be something positive. I don't know about you but there has been a lot of sad, sad situations around here lately. Things that positively make my heart break. So in a greedy effort to make me happy on my birthday, your comment must make me smile. The comment that makes me the smiliest wins! It's that simple!
The comment has to be something positive. I don't know about you but there has been a lot of sad, sad situations around here lately. Things that positively make my heart break. So in a greedy effort to make me happy on my birthday, your comment must make me smile. The comment that makes me the smiliest wins! It's that simple!
Who's the judge?
ME.
So if you decide to leave a comment, and I truly hope you do, tell me something good. It can be a memory or funny story about me or not. Just make me happy. If your comment makes me the happiest, then here's what you get:

Come on now. There's got to be some element of surprise in this giveaway, right? So, you want to win? You have until midnight tonight, my birthday, to enter. Just leave me a comment and
So if you decide to leave a comment, and I truly hope you do, tell me something good. It can be a memory or funny story about me or not. Just make me happy. If your comment makes me the happiest, then here's what you get:

Come on now. There's got to be some element of surprise in this giveaway, right? So, you want to win? You have until midnight tonight, my birthday, to enter. Just leave me a comment and
MAKE MY DAY!!!
36 comments:
Does it count if I am first? I am an early bird! My wish for you is a day filled with happy thoughts, surprises and love. I remember meeting you for the first time. I was so stinking scared and homesick and Rick's College seemed like another planet to me. Your warm smile and sincere love made me feel welcome! It got even better as we got to know each other and found out we were birthday buddies...It is an honor to share my birthday with such a strong beautiful woman. I am grateful we have reconnected and been able to share our lives. You are a treasure. Happy Birthday!!
Oh me oh myers
my brain now perspires
your eyebrows are wicked
mine are drawn on quite crooked
have a great birthday kim
Happy Happy Birthday Kim!
You are one of those people I admire who just go and go and go and do and do and do! Amazing!
I also really have appreciated your words of encouragement in my battle with the bulge. It means a ton coming from someone who knows exactly how hard it is. Thank you. And have a wonderful day ! You deserve it!
Kim,
I will never forget when you came up after Ryan got off his mission and we took the hike to Mount Rainier. Now was it with Katie? (I can't remember the roommate's name), but I will never forget that day. We also went to Lake Tapps to go jet skiing too that week.
I just remember thinking how you were the coolest person and I just wanted to grow up and be just like you.
You have a wonderful family and I am so excited about all the things that you have accomplished in our 10-year break of communication.
You are amazing and I wish you nothing, but the BEST.
Robyn
O.K. So I never leave comments, but I am peeking at least once a day. Thankyou for entertaining me with your life. I appreciate you so much as a mother. You are giving my kids GREAT kids to be friends with. And for your patience as a teacher. There are no words to explain my gratitude for that. I hope your day is full of smiles and joy!!! Happy Birthday!!! May you have many more!!!
Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great day.
Way to go on getting michelleb to comment, you are a rock star!
Happy Birthday!
You should be able to smile since it is finally a day without wind and its sunny....both at the same time which so rare! Its almost like a birthday gift from mother nature :) lol.
I can't begin to compete with some of the clever, funny, make you smile comments you're going to get today. I was intrigued with last years post that I just read, what a blast.
I enjoy reading the life of the Meyers family, you are such a get the job done girl and I admire that. Have a wonderful day full of sunshine and smiles!!
Something that made me smile this week involved one of your children. I was cleaning out Abby's little craft desk and I found the thank you card Ally gave her from her birthday party. It read something to the effect of:
"Dear Abby,
Thank you for coming to my party and for the garden toy. You are my best friend.
Love Ally"
I loved it. Her sweet handwriting, and her kind words meant so much to Abby that she has held on to it for months. And it made me smile.
I hope you have a happy happy birthday! You are a sweet, genuine person and you deserve a lovely day of pampering.
Where should I start in trying to make you smile? How about this...imagine yourself eating sweet and souwah pohk. Or maybe drinking some rrooooot beeeeeeah. No, here we go, try to remember that special time in your life where you attempted to throw a tennis ball over the roof, and the ball ended up going straight down, almost hitting yourself in the toes. That will make me smile for the rest of my life.
Oh yeah. Happy birthday. I'll call you when I get off of work.
Am I disqualified now that I've done more than one comment?
Happy Birthday Kim. I hope your day is awesome and I loved last year's giveaway. Your brother should be disqualified for commenting 3 times this year! He was some tough competition last year!
Am I the only one that didn't know that you had extensions?? I felt really dumb when I asked, but you made me feel at ease. You are a gem and we all adore you!
Hi Kimbo! I am late since I don't check your site daily but just want to say:
If god brings you to it, he brings your through it.
And on that note:Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning to dance in the rain!
Miss you girl!
Lynelle (Barnes) Cangie
Happy Birthday Kim!!!
What can make you smile more than the memory of a handsome little boy at my front door with a balloon and a stuffed pink bunny. I think it may have been Valentines Day but Cameron was making an extra special delivery because Sydney's bunny had just died. He looked so sweet standing there asking if Sydney was home. He handed her the gifts and said, "I'm sorry your bunny died." It was the heartwarmingest thing ever! That (now raggedy) bunny still has sole ownership of Sydney's bed. Cameron is the sweetest and I can only hope that years down the road he will come "calling" again. :)
It took your birthday to get me to come out of hiding.You don't know me, but I feel as if I have gotten to know you through your blog. I discovered you when my daughter brought home a piece of paper announcing Rochelle's crop night. I have been lurking ever since and discovered we have a LOT in common.
I have four kids. My oldest is a son, named Cameron and I also have a Maddy. I love to play with digital pictures and I was shocked when you got the EXACT same camera I had just gotten. I haven't, however, ever asked my kids to poop in a bag.(yet)
Maybe soon I will get to meet you face to face! I hope your face hurts today from smiling so much! Happy Birthday!
First of all. Happy Birthday! To my Aunt I know and love the best!
My favorite long ago memory is when we visited you in Idaho and played ULTIMATE OUTBURST until very late at night. You barely pregnant with Ally and Brady watching Jurassic Park and Cameron crawling around being adorable. I love that game, and was so glad you guys liked to play it too. And over and over.
I remember driving back to Washington after that trip and Kelly and I saying, I hope they move to Washington some day. They are sooooo fun to hang out with.
So very glad you do live here. And I get to see my cousins grow up.
One more thing. Thinking of your kids. My favorite memory of them together is when I brought them to the hospital to meet Maddie. To witness morning excitement and moment of meeting her was truly spiritual. It was beautiful to see how much they loved her, instantly. I kept thinking, THIS is an eternal family. THIS is what IT is all about. Thank you for letting me be the one to see that moment, it was priceless.
To my youngest aunt,
Happy Birthday Kim!
I always enjoy playing games with you because I know it will be a good competition and you are very smart.
Thanks for all the fun times.
Kelly
I can not compete
with the ladies down the street!
They all had quit a treat
Bringing up one unique
Experience that can't be beat!
Here's a smile for you boo,
no one can fill your shoes!
You are da best at what you do!
You have one delightful crew!
Make your day filled with fun!
Run and run in the sun!
I better stop cuz I'm havin too much fun!
Happy Birthday to you!!
Love you too!
Things I love about Miss Kim:
::That incredibly, infectious smile
::Her super fun attitude about life
::Her compassion for others
::She got my little, very shy child happy to go to school
::Her desire to help and be there for anyone who needs it
::The fact that I will never wake up and look at my eyebrows the same way ever again without thinking of her while I pluck. I know, lovely, huh?
::Her way of giving you a visual picture whenever she's telling a story (and sometimes you really don't want that visual!)
::She always makes a Girls Night Out full of laughs and fun
::Her example...she amazes me...four kids...strong testimony...thriving preschool...so talented...great friend
::Her honesty and "real" personality
And I could go on... I hope your birthday is filled with happiness, Kim! I'm so glad I've gotten to be one of your friends.
What a great idea Kim! These comments are sure to make your birthday a special one!
What can I say - you're my HERO!! Not only were you there in my (and Davis's) time of need, but you have to be one of the most positive and kind people I know!! You make feel people feel special and they're just drawn to you. I'm so glad that our boys were put on a baseball team together and I could get to know you better. I truly feel blessed to call you a great friend. And it's just a bonus that our husbands and children have bonded too. :)
Happy, Happy Birthday!!
I finaly sent you an invite to my blog....(I hope I tracked down the right email address for you!) Have a GREAT birthday!
Happy Birthday Kim,
My positive comment for you is to have a moment to be who you are suppose to be. Gather all the inner joy and beauty that is you and bask in it for just a moment. Relive your life and find the strength to go one more minute. You will find it within the woman you are.
Sara
This is such a fun idea, your birthday giveaways are going to become famous!
I wish we were in the same ward or I had more reasons to run into you now and then, because I just think you are one fantastic lady. The first day that I met you, I remember driving home and thinking how awesome that was that I met such a cool chick, at dance class of all places! You make being a mom of four look cool and fun. The world could use a few more like you. I hope you have a wonderful, special birthday!
Happy birthday to the sister in law with whom I share the same name!
I will never forget the first time I met you...as it is also one of my most embarrassing moments.
Chris and I were only dating when we drove up to Washington to attend Brady's baby blessing. We were to meet you and your mom at your apartment. When we arrived, we started touring your cute apartment and were oohing and ahhing over the baby things, when I accidentally farted. Who can blame me after 10 hours in the car! It could have gone unnoticed because it was a silent one, but it also happened to be REALLY stinky so no such luck. Since Chris is famous for farting, you and your mom immediately thought it was him and started complaining about how disgusting and stinky it was. So, Chris being the gentleman he is, set us all straight by saying, "That wasn't me!! I don't carry that foul of a stench, that was Kim!!" I could have died!! Thanks a lot Chris!!
Anyway, you are a wonderful sister, and I am so glad to be a part of the family. Happy Birthday!
Love you,
Kim Powell, II
Happy Birthday Kim!
I hope you have a wonderful day!
To have good friends, one need to be a good friend. This is why you have tons of people who love and care about you. You are a great friend to others. This was never more clear to me than last Friday when you came to support me in ML at the funeral. I can't tell you enough how appreciative I was that you took the time to come. I know you are a very busy person and it made me feel so good during this hard time knowing that I had people who cared. I needed caring friends more than you know so THANK YOU!
We've had tons of good times too--our scrapbooking "business" that never quite took off, you teaching me how to sew, our GNO's, walking late at night, swim lessons, hanging out in the summer, etc. I even remember spending your 30th B-day together at your house--all our husbands were gone to the Father/son campout.
Again, Happy Happy Birthday!!!!
Oh! That wasn't Jared! That was me, Lindsay!
Happy B Day Kim,
You are truly blessed! Time is just a marker, experiences are the true measurements of growth.
Hope you have another safe and wonderful year.
So, I really think I should win because I did a WHOLE POST for your birthday that I'm assuming put a smile on your face, not just a comment, but whatever. I'll play by the rules.
So all day long I've been wracking my brain trying to think of something that would guarantee me a win. I thought of all of my memories of you, and two in particular came to mind of being my favorites. They both involve watching 27 Dresses. The first was watching it in the theater, and the Benny and the Jets scene came on, and we were laughing so hard I thought I'd wet my pants. ("She had electric boobs...") We were still laughing long after everyone else stopped (you especially) and even after we stopped we'd think about it a few minutes later and start laughing again. I don't think I've ever seen you laugh harder than that.
My second one was the movie night at your house where you and I were the only attendees. (All the important people showed up, right?) It was so fun sitting there, just you and me, curled up under our blankets eating popcorn and licorice (a perfect combo), laughing all over again at the Benny and the Jets scene. It's one of my favorite memories that I'll never forget.
Hope you had an awesome birthday, especially with all these great memories and comments about you! You're the best.
Okay, Kimbo. You asked for it! I loved all the things you wrote on my birthday and definitely remember the nachos & orange julius', boy-stalking mall trips, tripled doubled cookie batches, cheerleading (btw...I still completely remember the entire 'get it together' routine), piggly wiggly fry eating, and just hanging out good times. One thing that I remember about you is that you always seemed to know the words to every song on the radio. I would have to write them out to get them memorized as good as you! In honor of your special day...check out my blog where you can see a lovely slideshow of your early years! :) Hope you had a great day!
Yeah so I was just laying in bed and realized I didn't even send you a birthday wish, let alone come up with something to make you smile! I was going to write this long post about a weird dream I had about a week ago and you were the main character, but I am to tired now so I will tell you about it some other day! I hope you had a great birthday!!
I've been crazy busy all day and finally have a moment to play your game.
One of my favorite memories of you that still makes me smile is your words of encouragement to me about Jake. You are such a compassionate person and I believe that comes from your upbringing. Being the sister of two brothers with special needs taught you to be the kind and sensitive person that you are. I will always appreciate the strength that I feel from you when you talk about those sweet brothers who taught you so much.
A couple of other favorite memories that I have about you are from this very blog. Obviously "Poop in a bag" is at the top! But I also love the story about your Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. SO funny!
I hope you have had a wonderful birthday and were spoiled to your heart's content!
Happy Birthday, Kim.
Just know that a certain gift left on a certain doorstop made some little girls extremely happy and they smiled because of you! You made their day and even brought a smile to their mom's face. Thank you for being so kind.
I read this earlier today and hoped I might come up with something to put yet another smile on your face, but you have a ton of friends and family with wonderful memories to share, so I feel quite inadequate even attempting to leave a comment. But I'll at least let you know I enjoy reading your blog and when I'm super short on time (as I have been quite a bit these days) yours is one of the few I click on to read. Hope you had a great day!
P.S. This commercial put a smile on my face the first few times I saw it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhSmiAA2sgc
Hi Kim, well I have to be honest, what a way to catch us lurkers! I love to "tune" in so I can feel like I still get to associate with you and yours, I miss the people in the 6th ward. I appreciate how you make even strangers like me, new to everyone so very welcome.
thanks and have a Great Birthday ...though it is late now.... I hope your day was great and full of smiles!
Hey, sorry I didn't get to comment yesterday. I'm sure I could have come up with something good to make you smile.
I really hope you had a fantastic day!
Post a Comment