They were here at our house the entire time.
I know, I know! I said I looked everywhere! I did! EVERYWHERE!! But apparently, I left one little door unopened in this quest.
We had just arrived home from Brady's baseball practice and were all still getting out of the car and into the house. I went straight to the kitchen to check on the soup in the crockpot before we had to head out the door again for pack meeting. Maddie was still in the car and the kids were all playing outside when I heard Ally screaming! I hurried and started running straight to her, thinking the worse - how much blood will be coming out of who - when she started running to me holding Baby Susie and Blankie! Then we were both screaming and Brady and Cameron come running in thinking the worse as well! Then we were all screaming - for joy, of course - and went to show Maddie what we had found! This was Maddie's reaction:
"BABY SUSIE!" Hug, kiss, hug. "I luff her." Hug, kiss, kiss, hug. "I miss her." Hug, look, touch foreheads, kiss, hug, smell blankie, squeeze blankie, hug, smiles galore. "I luff her so muts."
Ally said she found them in the garage in our old movie cabinet that was in the Goodwill pile. It's a really old hutch with a door on it and there they were, inside the hutch. There were 2 other baby dolls in there, too. Apparently Maddie had put them all in there to take a nap or something. I remember trying to ask her where she put Baby Susie and Blankie and she told me, "da cozzit". I searched every corner of every closet in this house and they were nowhere! I'm so glad Ally opened that door!

18 comments:
This is the best reunion ever. I'm so happy for Maddie. Nothing is better than reconnecting with something that has been missing for so long!
I am smiling so big! I can't imagine how your whole family must feel!! My favorite part is the "I LUFF you so MUTS" Too cute! And again, the song...Perfect touch. It will be stuck in my head for days! You should have a Baby Suzie Homecoming Party.
Yay!!! This is the best news! I thought for sure she was gone if you hadn't found her by now. I bet she never lets her out of her sight again. :-)
I am so glad that Susie and blankie are found. Seriously a happy reunion. Love the song choice. Cracking me up. The look on her face says it all. Sometimes things end up in the strangest place when they show up.
Susie has been scared in that cozzit.
I am so happy Kim! What a happy reunion. The song is great!
Maddie's face says it all in these pictures. I'm so happy for her!
YAY! Baby Susie has returned! SO happy for Maddie! Her sweet face looks so happy! Good job Ally!
Kim you presented this post perfectly...and I think a phone tree should have been set up so that we could have ALL been notified personally!
I am now officially in love with blogging. I love getting to peek into everyone's lives and share their experiences. I am getting to know all of my friends so much better.
I too thought Baby Susie was long gone...and grandmas blanket! I love happy endings.
OH. MY. GOSH!!!! I cannot believe you found them!!! I thought Baby Suzie and Blanket had gone to Toy Heaven, never to be seen again. I can only imagine the scene at your house when you found them! Seriously, those pictures of Maddie reunited with them are so priceless. I'm so glad we got to see her reaction. I guess she won't need her "Leeta" as much anymore.
I'm sooooo happy!!! What a great way to start my day! You described the reunion perfectly - I felt like I was there in the excitement! She looks like the happiest kid ever!! That's just awesome! By the way - I totally spaced practice last night...how many showed this time? I'm on the fence whether I should force Davis to finish the season or not. He really is nervous about playing and I'm not sure it's worth the "fight" for him to just stand in the outfield a couple of innings and not want to bat. The only thing would be is if the team needs him to not forfeit (and I love our chats!).
Grandma Powell reported the good news to me this morning, but I had to look. What darling pictures!! Happy endings are the best!!
OMG!!! I think my heart just skipped a beat. Either that or I have heart palpatations. Seriously that is the SWEETEST thing I have ever seen. The only thing better would be to have seen it in person. SO here's what we're gonna do...next time we're around; you reinact the whole thing...and go!!!
Yay!
I'm so glad Maddie's baby is no longer missing. Maddie's little face looks so sweet and happy. I love how she knew she put it in a closet, but you're right, places like in the garage we'd never think to look.
I can only imagine the excitement! I'm smiling thinking of everyone screaming with delight.
Great ending!!
This is wonderful news! I really had hoped for a reuion with Maddy and her baby! I love that you all screamed when you found her. These pictures are so cute.
Yay! I'm so glad she got her baby doll and blankie back! I know how agonizing it is to lose something so special. What a joy to be reunited with her lovies!
Well....I can officially start my day off on a very HAPPY note. This story made my heart smile. I am so happy for Maddy!
Post a Comment