May 15, 2008

Birthday Girl!


Today is the day to celebrate
For a friend of mine who's really great!


Another year older is her fate
Which all of us tend to hate.


But Alicia has to take the bait
On this her actual birthdate.


So get older, girl, accelerate
You're wiser now, illuminate!


But as I sit and calculate
I'm afraid you're no longer 28.


You may think you'll start to depreciate
as years go by, but don't hesitate


To wear your years! Accentuate!
You're still in your 20s! Validate!


I don't want you to regurgitate
Because of this poem, so I'll terminate


But as I close I'll meditate
On our friendship which can permeate


Through thick and thin! We dominate!
(I'll be here to commiserate.)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALICIA!!

13 comments:

Jessica said...

Great poem Kim, Happy Birthday Alicia!!

Debie Spurgeon said...

I am impressed with your poetry skills Kim, obviously another one of your many talents. You're a great friend for recognizing Alicia on her special day.

Alicia, have a Happy, Happy Birthday. I hope all your wishes, dreams, wants, passions, feelings in your heart come true.

PRP said...

Happy birthday! I hope your day is filled with chewing gum, naps, McDonald's and Enya!

Alicia Leppert said...

AND YOU COULDN'T FIND A BETTER PICTURE OF ME??!! Oh well, your poem more than makes up for the homeliest picture of me on the planet! I loved it! (The poem) I was halfway through it before I realized everything rhymed with "8". That's some feat! I'm glad you didn't put in a line about me "always being late" and "needing to lose some weight." :)

Jan said...

Clever poem for a clever friend.
Happy Birthday Alicia..

Shayla said...

Love the poem, love the picture, but most of all, love the birthday girl! Happy Birthday, Alicia!!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Alicia! I hope you have a great year ahead! Fun poem Kim, you are so talented!

tharker said...

Happy Birthday Alicia! I hope you have a great day!

Kim,
This poem was fantastic!!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Alicia. Great poem Kim.

Ms. Kristen said...

Ready, O.K.!!! Yeah!!!!! Love the poem, Kim! Reminds me of your cheerleading years! You are great with your "ate" words! What a nice friend! What am I goin' do for my friends' birthday on Sat? I don't think I can beat that? I may call for help!

The Donald said...

Only 29? You don't really know anything until you hit the big 3-0. Oh yes, speaking of the 3-0...your clock is now officially ticking down....

Nicole said...

I hope you had a great day yesterday Alicia!

Kristi said...

What a great poem! It reminded me a little of that INXS song, "Mediate".