May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!


Hasn't she aged beautifully?! You wouldn't guess that she's just a few months shy of retirement, would you! Sorry, Mom. I love when people are shocked when they hear her age! I think she looks fantastic! You are so beautiful! I hope I age as gracefully as you have!


10 Reasons Why I Want My Mom to have a

Happy Mother's Day Today!



  1. It is my mom who brought me to see the light of this world, which I now can fully relate to being no easy task! She is the one who looked after the helpless me and served me with all her heart and did everything to make my life comfortable.


  2. In my childhood I watched my mom washing, ironing, and sewing my clothes, keeping my cheerleading uniform sparkling and spotless, and my dresses without a single crease.


  3. I was lucky enough to be picked up and dropped off to and from school every single day right from the first day up until I could drive myself. She was also my early morning seminary teacher so basically I had no choice. She was my ride. But I'm still grateful!


  4. Whenever I needed a reason to cry on someone's shoulders, my mom was the one giving me the comfort and patiently listening to all my heartbreaks and complaints.


  5. I remember the countless times I wanted a new outfit or new shoes and my mom dug out her pocket money to fulfill my wish.


  6. The food I ate was cooked day in and day out by my mom. And could she ever cook! There were hundreds of incredible dishes she prepared for me, the tasty lunches she fixed for me, the cakes she baked, the snacks, the desserts and delicious dinners. It surely makes my mouth water even now.


  7. My mom is always there for me through every thick-and-thin of my life. She is the person I can depend on to stand by me anytime I need her. No matter what! Day or night, anytime, she is always there for me. Always.


  8. There were so many difficult undecided moments of my life and I needed someone who could make me see reason and pour some worldly-wise advice in my ears. It was my mom who lent me her patience and then pulled me out of the messes in my life.


  9. She has professed her love for me everyday through her words and all her acts, big and small. It can't even be measured. It can only be felt.


  10. What my mom does for me is absolutely beyond measure but when the enormity of her love and sacrifice is felt, I realize that my mom deserves atleast some little recognition this Mother's Day. It's just a small way to show my gratefulness to her. Albeit small, but worth writing out, for sure!

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you forever... Hope you know how much I love and admire you and how lucky I feel to be your baby girl!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there.

Have a fantastic day today!

15 comments:

Leslie Garbanati said...

Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! Your mom is beautiful...you are so lucky to have her-just as all of us are lucky to have our moms. Just so you know, I love your mom dearly! It kind of seems unfair that I get to see here every single day. She's like my other mom. She has been an amazing support to me in some pretty tought times. I always know when I need that smile or comforting word, she is there. You are blessed to have her...as she is to have you!!

Lisa Christine said...

She is beautiful!!!!!

Have a happy Mothers Day Kim!

tharker said...

Your mom is a wonderful woman. I will never forget her advice to me, (a woman that she doesn't even know) regarding Jake.

I'm so excited for you and your family to have her living so close when she moves up here!

Happy Mother's Day to both of you!

Debie Spurgeon said...

I remember meeting your mom and she is a lovely, lovely lady.
It's obvious she taught you well.
Have a Happy Mother's Day Kim.

Alicia Leppert said...

I love your mom. It will be so great to have her here. This was so beautiful, I'm sure she will cherish it.

Sarah said...

You look so much like your mother, two beautiful ladies. The picture of her as a girl reminds me of Maddie. This was such a nice thank you to your mother, she sounds wonderful!

::lindsay said...

I loved reading the tribute to your mother. I think it is wonderful you guys have such a close relationship. I hope my kids feel the same way about me that you do about your mother.

Brynn said...

Your so sweet to do this for your mom. Your just plain sweet. Your mom is beautiful. Happy mothers day to you too.

Jan said...

That was awesome Kim. I know this meant alot to her if she read it.
She is so beautiful and it sounds like its an inside/outside beauty.

Oh the fun you will have. Your children will be so blessed to be closer. Mine have been with their grandmother close. They have such a powerful influence.

I hope your day has been great and that you felt like the queen you are. Take Care.

Chris said...

I don't remember mom pulling money out of her pockets to buy me any clothes. Oh wait, how could I forget that turquoise International News sweatshirt?

meohmyers said...

Funny, Chris. Mom bought me the white one!

Kris said...

What a neat post Kim. Hope you had a great Day too. Your mom sounds like she's everything to you!

PRP said...

Great tribute Kim. Keep on enjoying her!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Ahhh, I love her too. And her cooking!

Sara said...

What an amazing mom. Happy Mothers Day to you and her.