August 29, 2007

First Day of School





I can't believe that Ally is old enough to be in Kindergarten! She was my baby for so long it just seems unreal that she's already in school! She was so excited and was such a big girl today.
The boys were really excited to go to school, too, and of course didn't need me as much as I wanted to be there. Brady was much too mature to let me take any pictures of him by his new classroom and therefore Cameron had to follow suit.
They were begging me to let them ride the bus today but I just couldn't do it. Not on the first day. So now they can't wait to ride the bus tomorrow!
If you'll notice, Cameron is wearing his Maya Angelou t-shirt on the first day at his new school, Ruth Livingston! I asked him why he wanted to wear his old school's shirt on the first day and he said he wanted everyone to know where he came from and that he was new to this school. I told him I hoped he didn't get beat up at school on the first day! Glad to report he avoided any altercations while wearing the rival's t-shirt. It was kinda funny.
Hope everyone had a great first day today! Can you believe it's here already!?!

12 comments:

Kris said...

What cute pictures of your kids! I hope they all had a great first day!

Alicia Leppert said...

What adorable pictures! I love that Maddie had to join in. That is THE FUNNIEST story about Cameron's t-shirt. He really put Livingston in it's place!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Finally someone else has kids that hate the camera! I was starting to feel like a loser mom with everyone else's cute pictures all over the family calendar. Wow, Ally in kindergarten is really hard to believe, but I know she was so ready since she's such a smartie! Hope everyone else has a great first week. We start next week so I'll have to tell you how it goes. Can't believe how fast summer has flown! And can't believe we have 3rd graders!! Time to put the brick on their heads. Oh yeah, Brady already tried that. :)

Anonymous said...

What adorable pictures!! They do grow up so fast...We range from Senior Year to Pre-School in our family!!Maddie and the new baby are the only ones not in school!! Unbelievable!!!! I really do not know where the time has gone!! Have a great school year Brady, Cameron and Ally!!!!

::lindsay said...

Cute pictures of the kids! That's so funny about Cameron's t-shirt. Carson missed him yesterday!

Jessica said...

I can't beleive it's already here, time has just flown by this summer!

Chris said...

Very cute. Ally looks a lot like a girl I taught in Kindergarten. Ally is not afraid of toilets and fire drills though, right?

tharker said...

Your kids all look so excited. I love the t-shirt story. Way to go Cameron, for not being afraid to stand out in the crowd. I hope they all have a great year at Livingston. It seems a bit strange not seeing you around the school by the way.

Sarah said...

Ally looks so cute on her first day. That's great that your kids were so excited. It's amazing to see how little all of the kindergartners look with their big old backpacks.

Marilyn said...

Cute kids. Ally and Abby must be in the same class. So cute.

susie said...

I can't believe she's in Kindergarten!!! It's flown by so fast!

susie said...

I can't believe she's in Kindergarten!!! It's flown by so fast!