
Cameron's birthday party was thrown together at the last minute. He was a real good sport since this is the first birthday he can remember not having a full on party. It has been such a crazy and hectic summer that I just didn't make the time to throw a big kid party. I let him invite 3 friends over for a pizza party at Eatza Pizza and then stay for a sleep over. He was happy with that! And just to get the word out, Eatza Pizza on Rd. 68 is the PERFECT place for a birthday party!! It is so family friendly, has the best all you can eat pizza buffet to choose from and very affordable prices. The game room is in the back and has a great selection of games to win lots of tickets with and of course lots of cheesy prizes to choose from with your tickets. The kids had a great time and I think Cameron really enjoyed his last minute party!

He loved getting his face smashed into his birthday cake!
And onto the continuing list of projects...


We recently had
2300 square feet of concrete poured on the side of our house! What a job! But it's a perfect place for a basketball court, a bicycle court, foursquare, hopscotch, and a waiting area for parents to pick up their preschoolers.

This fence has literally wiped me out. I cannot remember ever being so tired!! We got the 48 posts dug for building
350 feet of fence on our property. We then leveled each individual post, buried them in concrete, placed 3 runner boards on each post, and then put the boards up. Sounds easy, right?

Yeah, right. The first 56 feet of boards were put up at 9pm and in the daylight looked so crooked, it could have passed for a miniature version of a roller coaster. There was no way we were leaving it like that so we had to pound out all of that work we had done and start over.
The trick to putting up a straight fence is simple. STRING!! The string was attached to the first and last board on the stretch of fence we were building and it worked wonderfully! See!! Isn't our fence just gorgeous and STRAIGHT!!! It took us only 8 DAYS to get our fence finished!!
I love the way it turned out and it makes for some really gratifying feelings to sit back and admire our hard work.

We of course had to make our mark permanently on our property by having our kids sign their names on a portion of the mow strip. Too bad it was too dry to leave their handprints. That would have been cute.

Needless to say, after working from dawn until dusk, Maddie illustrates perfectly how we all feel at the end of the day. Completely pooped out!!

So what's next on the agenda? Putting up the drywall, taping, mudding and sanding the wall that Jeff framed in the garage for the preschool...

and dispersing this pile of gravel at the end of our driveway onto the various places in the yard with a shovel and a wheelbarrow. My working man hands just can't wait!!

I'll post more pictures once the preschool is complete. That's my favorite part of this whole thing. I know it will turn out beautifully. Stay tuned!!
11 comments:
Wow! You guys have gotten so much done. It looks great!
You guys have been so busy- I know it will turn out beautifully!
That's a lot of projects that you guys have been working on this summer! The hard work will pay off and you will reap the rewards soon! The fence looks awesome, the lawn looks so green and that pile of rocks looks huge!!
Glad that Cameron had a great birthday party! We haven't been to Eatza Pizza, it sounds great!
What a crazy summer you guys have had. It looks great!
You guys are some of the hardest working people I know. I guess it helps when you know you have a timeline of when things have to be finished before pre-school starts. Good work Myers family!
Looks great! The fence is so nice. This winter will be nice, no more projects! :)
Holy smokes, I won't whine about 100 feet of fence anymore! You've blown us away!! Looks awesome. You should be proud.
It looks so good!! I can't wait to see the end result!
I found out this week a girl in my ward is taking her daughter to your pre-school. Hannah Andersen is her daughters name, she's a cutie!
Looks great. Hopefully we can get up there sometime.
Cameron's birthday party looks like it was fun, even if it wasn't a "real" party. I'm sure he loved it. Your house is looking amazing, I am in complete awe at what you and Jeff have done all by yourselves. You rock!
Post a Comment