June 19, 2007

Best Birthday bEver!!

I've got so much to say, no time at all to say it!! I'm so busy getting ready to move into our new house but had to blog about my birthday week!! But to forewarn you, this is my last post for atleast 2 weeks. Boo hoo. I know, soak in as much of me as you can right now, 'cause this is it baby. Just until we get settled into our new house and get the computer plugged in again.


So my birthday giveaway was the highlight of my blogging world. I loved it so much, you may just have to participate in another giveaway again. That kicked off my birthday. My family knows my favorite things, too, and hooked me up!



As you can see, I got a CASE of my favorite pop - which incidentally gave me another kidney stone - a bag of swedish fish, and the Gwen Stefani CD to prepare me for the concert on Saturday! Thanks guys!



My birthday morning was spent getting a birthday pedicure with one of my most favorite people in the whole wide world. We gabbed and giggled and were pampered and can't wait to do it together again!



Later that night, we went to Tony Roma's for dinner where all the kids got to eat for free since it was Tuesday!! What a treat! I didn't feel guilty ordering that full slab of ribs and the strawberry lemonade! YUM!!




On Friday, I had the most wonderful night with a great group of friends. They secretly planned a Birthday Bunco Party in my honor!! Isn't that the coolest thing ever?! I love playing Bunco and have missed the past couple of games because of Jeff's schedule but got to play this time! It was so much fun! I love when my girlfriends get together and we just laugh and talk and laugh and talk. It's one of my most favorite things to do! This night was no exception. It was so fun. We were laughing and talking so much that we could only play half of the game! Thanks, girls, for the great night out. The food was delicious, the prizes were fantastic, and the company was amazing. Thanks for making me feel so special and for putting that night together for me. You guys are seriously the best!!!!




Then, on Saturday was the GWEN STEFANI concert. I have been waiting for this to roll around for several weeks and couldn't wait to go! The opening acts I could've done without. I just don't really like swear words put to music. Anyone heard of Lady Sovereign? You're not missing a single thing if you haven't. She has got to have the filthiest mouth out there!! She's from Britain and is a rap artist. Lovely. We couldn't understand a word she was saying and her "songs" were horrible!!! So glad we were on time to catch her whole act. Awesome.




Then Akon performed. He was a little better. Jeff actually knew some of his songs. But still, is all the nasty language really necessary? He did remove his shirt for us though. Thanks for that. Just get my girl GWEN out here already!!




Finally, 2 1/2 hours after we got there, she came out. Watch this! This is a video clip from my digital camera of her opening number. LOVED IT!!!



I know, how lucky were we to get tickets in the 230th ROW!! Yes, the little ants on the screen are actually Gwen, her dancers, and the red ant is Akon. You get the idea though. She is seriously awesome live. She's a great singer and performer and I loved her concert! Wish she could have heard me asking for her autograph on my new CD. Oh well, still it was so much fun!

I forgot to mention, thanks to Alicia's comment, our exciting 4am wake-up call at the hotel! We had gotten back really late from the concert and were exhausted. At 4:21 the fire alarm in our room started blaring!! I shot up out of bed, and was telling Jeff, "Turn it off!! Hurry! Turn it off!!" He jumped up and was trying to turn the alarm off when we realized it was coming from everywhere! Out in the hallway people were running downstairs and I said, "Looks like we should go outside." We joined everyone else in their pajamas outside and were waiting for the fire truck to come. We were finally let back inside since there was no fire, and went back to bed when 15 minutes later it happened again! This time, no one left their rooms and the alarm was turned off a little bit later. We heard a couple more blurbs of the fire alarm before finally getting out of bed. At checkout, I asked the girl what happened and she said it was just a mechanical problem. Should have asked for my $ back.

A great big THANKS goes out to Alicia for taking my girls for me last weekend so Jeff and I could go to the concert. I know the girls had a great time with you and Bill and I can't wait to return the favor for you sometime! Thanks so much again, Leeshie!! And THANKS to Brent and LeeAnn for taking our boys the same weekend of their oldest son's graduation from high school!! We really appreciate the huge favor you did for us and Brady and Cameron had a blast playing with Simon. Congrats, again, Devin!!

So wasn't this the best birthday week evuh? I am so lucky to be so loved.


12 comments:

Kris said...

I've been waiting to hear about the Stephani Concert. You are so lucky to have great friends that have big parties for you and watch your kids! What a great Birthday Week! Love the pictures of you and Ally! What a fun activity! Good luck moving, packing, and cleaning. We can't wait to hear from you when you get back!!

Alicia Leppert said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time, despite the hotel fire alarms and foul-mouthed rappin' Brit. Never a boring time with the Myers!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you had such a good birthday. I love the picture of your kids crowded around you while you open your presents. Good friends, good kids, good hubby = good birthday.

Shayla said...

So sad I missed the bunco party in your honor!! I'm glad to hear you had a great birthday week. I was thinking of you during the concert and wishing I was there! Good luck with the move.

Marilyn said...

That was a great birthday week, and you are definitely loved.

tharker said...

I'm glad you had such a great birthday week. You need a week like that to gear you up for all things moving. This song is so cool! I love that you and Ally went for pedicures. So sweet.

Even though I know this will probably be your last post for a while, don't mind me, I'll probably still be checking your blog daily just to see if maybe you posted!

Heather said...

WHOO HOO! YEE HOO! Sounds like fun, are you bailing on walking or just bloggin??

dandee said...

Kim, I'm glad you had such a fun week! Everyone deserves to be spoiled on their birthday!

Good luck on the move, can't wait to see your new house!

PRP said...

Glad you had such a great week. Aren't mommy/daughter pedi's the best? I love the look on Ally's face. Priceless.

So sorry I missed your party. We had family coming to town and I was stuck home.

Hang in there with the move. Let us know if we canhelp at all.

Jessica said...

What a fun birthday! I love it when birthday's last all week! My girls and I are going to get a pedi while the boys are at the father/son outing, I can't wait!!!

susie said...

Sounds like an awesome birthday week! Good luck on your move!

Kersten said...

Great blog. I'm glad to read about other mothers who are having a crazy fun life with a big family