As all of you know, Brady was baptized last weekend. I thought it went wonderfully. Brady was looking forward to it for many months and it really was a great day. What impresses me the most is his new found desire to read the Book of Mormon. My mom bought him his very own set of scriptures with his name on them for turning 8 and he hasn't missed a single night yet from reading from them. It makes me so happy! Also, during the time of the baptism when Jeff and Brady were changing into their dry clo
thes, I asked everyone to write a quick note to Brady. (An idea I stole from Nichol Behrens) I think everyone should do this. It was so neat to read what everyone wrote to Brady, to remember who came and what they thought of him at that time, and Brady loved reading the letters as well. For the FHE following his baptism I thought it would be a good idea for us all to write letters about that day. I wanted Brady to remember what he felt and since we're not the best journal keepers this was a great way to get this down on paper to put in a book of rememberance. Brady wrote, "I am so glad I was baptized. When I was walking into the water I felt really warm inside. I heard a whisper tell me 'You are doing the right thing.' " How sweet is that? It makes me so proud. It really was a great day. Doesn't he look so sharp in his new suit? I can't believe this baby boy of mine is so grown up!
7 comments:
What an awesome day! That is a super proud mom moment! He looks so "cool"(I'm sure he thinks he's too old to be "cute") in his new suit. He will remember that day, and those feelings. A little memo book is a great idea. As Hannah will be the last kid baptized this year, I'm going to have to keep my eyes and ears opened for great ideas like this!
Oh my gosh, I don't know what my deal is lately, but suddenly I'm that person that gets teared up at happy things. I totally had tears burning my eyes the minute I read that he heard that voice whisper he was doing the right thing. How amazing. Can't we all just go back to our baptism days and experience it again, knowing what we know now? I am so glad it went so well, and I'm so sad I missed it. I love all that you did to make it so special and memorable.
Somehow I missed the photo of you and brad until everyone pointed out. That is an AWESOME picture.
That sounds like such a wonderful experience, I am so glad that everything went well.
What in the heck? I just saw my comment on Karen's blog on here. How in the world did THAT happen?!
I was wondering what picture of me and Brad is out there that I don't know about! :)
Kim,
I was wondering how the baptism went for you guys. I'm glad to hear it was such a sweet experience. What a neat idea to have people write notes to him for remembrance...he'll treasure that when he's a missionary someday.
Post a Comment