February 5, 2007

Straight From the Horse's Mouth

In order to put any rumors to rest, or atleast admit that the rumors you hear are in fact true, I decided to spill the beans here on my blog. Hopefully this will answer any and all of your questions.

First of all, no I'm not pregnant.

Secondly, yes, we're moving. We found a 1/2 acre lot in Wilson Meadows, here in Pasco, decided to build a new house, and I'm starting a preschool in the Fall.

Yes, you read it right. I am starting a preschool. Jeff's job is stressing him out. His boss doesn't want to give out overtime and he's constantly being sent home for low census. His required call gets cut short and the "overtime" he works then turns into regular hours for being sent home early and he can't stand it. He wants to apply for a clinical sales position with a pacemaker company called Medtronic. The only thing is if he were to apply now, we would likely have to relocate. We don't want to do that. So we were trying to think of something that I could do to bring in a little extra income to relieve him from the burden a little bit, where I can still be available for my family responsibilities and this seems like a perfect solution.

The house we are building has 5 bedrooms - perfect for our family and a 3 car garage with shop which we will be converting into the preschool. The lot is big enough that we can build a shed in the back to work like a garage where we can store the boat, etc. So we got pre-approved yesterday, and construction will start this month. It takes 4-5 months to build so hopefully we will sell our house in that amount of time, get into our new house the weekend of July 4th, have an open house in August for the preschool and start in September!

That's our plan and I can't even explain how excited I am at this opportunity. I love that we're staying here, and that we'll be in the same ward. It seems like a great solution to all of our concerns. So get the word out, if any of you know anyone looking for a preschool, tell them to give me a call!

13 comments:

tharker said...

That's so exciting Kim! You'll be a great pre-school teacher too. How nice to know that you'll be moving into a neighborhood where you already know lot's of people and you know that they'll be great neighbors too!

Heather said...

Good for you! Best wishes for lots of offers on your house.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow Kim!!

Wow, I had no idea that you guys were considering moving!! Anyway, that is awesome about the house and the preschool. Will it be done by the reunion for us all to see?...And, would you take a St. George commuter to be in your class? I need a preschool for Owie!!

meohmyers said...

KimP!

Can you even imagine?!?! I would LOVE to be Owie's preschool teacher!!! But I don't think I'll be offering an honor's program. Maybe he could teach a few lessons for me! :)

I know it's shocking news. It's just an idea that has snowballed into a reality and we're just going for it. Good news is, yes, the house will be done before our reunion but we won't have a backyard or fence or anything. I would love to have everyone here to see it though! So plan on it!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys, and very jealous. I would love to be moving right now, or some time in the near future. And the preschool sounds like a great idea, I am sure you will be a wonderful teacher.

Shayla said...

Kim,
I'm so excited for you! And I'm really glad you'll be in the same ward. And speaking of preschools...I'll have to talk to you some time, I've been wondering whether I should put Natalie in one next year or not.

dandee said...

That is exciting news, Kim!

Anonymous said...

With all the changes going down, 2007 will be over before your family even knows it! How thrilling for the Myers. Too bad when I read "Open House" I was thinking it was for all of us to come see your new home, sorry about me! What model are you building?

meohmyers said...

Rebecca, that's funny! I can have that kind of open house, too!! You all are more than welcome to come see our new house when it's finished. We're building the Colorado with the bonus room and keeping the shop in the garage. I can't wait!

Alicia Leppert said...

Kim I have loved seeing your excitement about this, and I have been so amazed at how everything has fallen into place like the pieces of a puzzle. I know this is so meant to be.

Marilyn said...

Kim, I gave your info to my sis-in-law Mandy, so hopefully she will give you a call.

Anonymous said...

Party at the Myers! You said July right... I'll bring the hotdogs!

susie said...

Wow, Kim! Congrats. That's some big news. Good luck w/ everything!