July 5, 2008

Our Fun 4th

Lots of pictures on this post!


We had a great 4th of July yesterday. We started off our morning with the Grand Ole Fourth Parade! Brady and Cameron were asked to march in the parade for the swim team. They needed to help pass out fliers and candy and encourage the public to vote YES on the bond to build a new pool out here on our side of town! It would be a wonderful facility and we hope it passes! So while the boys are marching in the parade, me, Jeff and the girls were waiting to get pictures of them!


Here's Ally and Maddie waiting for the parade to start.



Here come the swim team! Brady took this responsibility very seriously. You could hear him telling the crowd to "Vote Yes!"



Apparently he was also trying to get a tootsie roll out of his teeth at the same time. Nice.



Some of the kids brought scooters to ride and Cameron got a turn. They loved being in the parade and helping get the word out about the new pool!



Maddie thought the sirens on the fire truck and ambulance were just a little too loud.



After the parade was over, we mosied ourselves over to the family BBQ! Maddie LOVED finding some independence in the pool. She is a little fearless. I won't mention her terrifying experience that lasted about 6 seconds. All is well. Take a deep breath...



The kids just love their cousins. And I'm so glad their cousins love playing with them. This is Taylor - aka "The Kracken". He is so fun to have in the pool and as you can see, my kids adore him. They don't leave his side when he's in a playful mood.



Everyone decided to show off a little with some crazy dives and jumps, some cannonballs, you name it.



Then much to Brady and Cameron's delight, the big boys were getting competitive and were trying to see who could launch someone the farthest! It was pretty funny to watch. Brady and Cameron loved every second of it!




Of course a little game of chicken had to be played. But as soon as tears are shed, the game is over.

Yeah, this didn't last long.

More of my kids cousins! :) It's true!




It's always fun getting together with our family and BBQing. We had a great day yesterday with lots of great food, and made lots of great memories!





Oh, and Maddie couldn't keep her hands off the corn on the cob! She ate 6 pieces and was still asking for more! Look at her belly. It's just about to pop!



Of course the night ended with a spectacular fireworks show at the baseball stadium. Where we were sitting we could see the fireworks show down at the river, too! While we were sitting watching all the fireworks, one of the great big ones went off and Cameron said, "WOW! That one made my cheeks wiggle!" I love his chubby cheeks.


But this holiday would mean nothing if it weren't for people like this:



My brother Staff Sergeant Scott E. Powell currently serving his 3rd deployment in Iraq.


I'm so grateful to live in a country where my freedom is fought for me. We truly are blessed to enjoy the freedoms that we do. I loved the Independence Day posts yesterday. Thanks ladies.

I hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend! God Bless America!

13 comments:

Amy J. said...

Love your pictures Kim! It looks like you had great fun and did almost exactly what we did, chicken fights, tears, cannon balls...

tharker said...

Looks like it was a great day Kim. I love the pictures of the parade. Especially the one with Maddie covering her ears. My other favorite is of her big belly after all that corn. So cute!

Alicia Leppert said...

LOVE all the pictures, especially that one of Maddie floating in the pool. What a fun day you had! Where was that?

Kris said...

Looks like you had a great day. It was fun seeing you at the parade. Your boys looked like they had a fun time. I didn't know that Stacia is your cousin? Is that right? Were you swimming at the Farrell's pool? How fun. I love their backyard. It's so wonderful back there. Happy 4th of July Kim. Your brother is a true Hero.

Rachael said...

Adorable pictures! I love that Cameron said his cheeks wiggled! Did you photoshop any of your pictures? The color is amazing! The one of the girls together should be framed.

Lisa Christine said...

1st of all, we have that same cherry swimsuit over here at our house :)

2nd) You have convinced me that I need a new camera. Those pictures are GORGEOUS!

3rd) I am glad that you had such a wonderful holiday!

Nicole said...

It looks like such a fun day! We were so surprised to see Brady walk by in the parade - and then a double surprise when Cameron rode by. How fun for them!

Sara said...

What beautiful kids you have. I loved your pics. Thanks for reminding us about the soldiers who fight to keep this country safe everyday. Thanks!

::lindsay said...

What a fun day! I love all the pictures of your kids!

Sarah said...

You are a great photographer! Those are fantastic pictures, I love the ones of everyone jumping off of the diving board. Glad you guys had an awesome weekend!

dandee said...

My children were so excited to see Brady in the parade. I'm not sure how we missed Cameron!

meohmyers said...

Yes, we were at Farrell's pool. So nice of them to invite us all over! We loved it.

Stacia is actually our niece. So she's our kids cousin! Her mom is my husband's older sister!

Yes, these pictures are photoshopped. I just up the contrast and saturation a little bit. It helps having a nice camera though!

Jodi said...

I too love all the pictures! Your family is very photogenic - and I can't wait to get photoshop! It looks like you guys had a great time! The 4th of July is such a perfect time to spend with family - especially thanks to people like your brother. Thanks!