Okay. I know what you're thinking. Boy, those UPS men sure can throw those packages around, can't they?
What the?! Is that the vacuum handle itself hanging outside of the box?
No way. IT IS! *Gasp!* Did they send it like that on purpose? Was that hole cut intentionally to fit my vacuum cleaner in this box?
Are you kidding me? An illegal immigrant could have hidden in this package through this gargantuan hole in the side of the box!
Nope. Sorry. Not gonna do it! There's no way I am accepting this box like this! *sniff* Who knows if all the attachments are even still in the box! *whimper* What were they thinking?!?! What idiot found this box in the dumpster and decided to just throw my vacuum cleaner in it, put a piece of scotch tape on it and send it on it's merry way? *boo hoo hoo* Oh, I'll tell you who! Courtstloan - the ebay id from a pawn shop in southern California!
Oh, I was fuming! So I decided to contact the seller. That's right. I'm not afraid to confront people I care nothing about. So, I wrote the nasty email, could have been LOTS nastier but I wanted my money back, and this is what I said:
"I refused the item after seeing how horribly it was packaged. Pieces were literally falling out of the box, there were holes in all 4 corners of the box, it was taped so sloppily that it was extremely loose. There was a great big hole on the side of the box, not just the corners, where pieces could easily fall out of it. You could easily lift open this hole and see inside - no packaging materials were in the box, just a vacuum cleaner thrown inside. Horrible packaging!!! I don't even know if we received all the pieces!! You can't blame the shipping company if you packaged it in a lousy way to begin with! I paid $300 dollars for this item. You should have taken more precaution in making sure a big item like this was packaged carefully to ensure a safe delivery! I am not paying for this!! You will give me my money back, before I leave negative feedback."
Surprisingly, I didn't have to wait long before I got this response back:
"Well, we did package it fine and we cannot be responsible for how UPS handles their items. You must not be familiar with how they work but you know first hand now. We will gladly refund your money minus shipping as, again, we do not control shipping. Mirrored feedback will be left. Thank you."
That's right! You will be glad to refund my money!!! All I know is he better!! Can you believe this? I hardly ever ebay! I only have purchased 5 things on ebay and have never sold anything! I have 5 positive feedbacks making it 100%. If I leave negative feedback for him, he said he'd mirror the feedback for me and ruin my 100%. Ugh. What to do, what to do. I'll just wait and see if he actually does refund my money back to me in a timely manner. If he doesn't, he can expect another negative feedback on his rap sheet.
In the meantime, I'll be pushing the crumbs around while checking out ads for a DYSON!!!
19 comments:
That's awful Kim. I almost can't even believe that UPS driver still dropped it off on your porch. Good luck with getting a new vacuum. I hear Dysons are the best.
Having a vaccuum that sucks is the best thing ever! I mean really sucks in the good way too. Yeah, you definitely should not have taken that package. That thing looked like it had been through a tornado.
If you need to use a vaccuum to actually pick up your crumbs for Thanksgiving company, you can give me a call!
That is horrible!
When we moved here we finally got a new vac after having our $50 one for 7 years. I got an Oreck (I have never used a Dyson) I LOVE IT! They have a store over by Olive Garden. The bonus for the Oreck is it's only 8 lbs meaning Shayla takes it up and down the stairs no problem! Plus (depending on the model you get) They service it once a year for TWENTY-ONE YEARS!!! Plus when you buy one you get two "bonus" gifts, I got an amazing cordless iron and a car vac that plugs into your car port! Ok sales pitch over! Ü
Good luck with the sucky ebay guy!
That is really pathetic. I think ebay should allow pictures to be left with feedback in order to show what condition the item arrived in. Good luck!
How frustrating! Good luck with the new search. I'm dreaming of a Dyson too.
I have a Dyson and I LOVE IT SO! It is the most fabulous machine and worth every single stinkin' penny. My favorite feature is that the hose is 17 FEET LONG, so I can vaccum my stairs while leaving the base at the bottom, instead of lugging the whole thing up with me. You won't believe what it sucks up. It's unbelievable! My MIL has a Kirby but it doesn't maneuver as well as the Dyson and she wishes she had mine instead.
Hope that helps!
OH...MY!!! Seriously, what is there to say? That is terrible! I think you can contact Ebay and report sellers like that. Especially since he actually had the nerve to threaten you with bad feedback...what did you do!?!? Trust a fraudulent seller, is all. Anyone can see from looking at that picture that UPS did NOT do that. Terrible! I'm sorry that happened to you. Good luck on finding a good vacuum. :-)
good call on refusing it. We need a new vacuum too! the not sucking is getting annoying and time consuming! I have been debating on the Dyson or Oreck, sounds like they are both great.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
I actually bought a "Rainbow" vacuum last year and though it was pricier than I would like...it is the BEST vacuum I have ever had and I don't regret it for a minute. That sucker can suck up a whole sock if you're not careful but it puts it in a big plastic bowl of water that you can then extract before dumping said dirty water down the potty. It's great.
Kami? As in Emily's sister? Do you and Kim know each other too? Seriously this is a small world!
That ebay guy deserves a taste of his own medicine. How rude! I would report him if you can. That's a bummer though, and I seriously can't believe it got through shipping like that. Are there no inspections anymore? Good luck finding another one.
I know I've already heard this story, but you didn't tell me comically like this. This was hilarious, I love your little "thought" inserts. You also didn't tell me you suspected he actually cut the hole for the vacuum to fit in the box. That's insane! Here's hoping you get your money back, and fyi my mom just got a Dyson and I used it and it was A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
I like your idea of removing your archives from the side of your blog. I think that's brilliant, and will help prevent the creepy people from stalking. I might use that idea too, if that's ok!
Bummer about your vacuum! I don't have a Dyson, but my sister and friend do and they love it! Some day that will be purchased for me too. I hope you find a good deal for a Dyson in tomorrow's ads!
Not to be a downer about the archives, but you can still go through all of your old posts just by clicking on older posts at the bottom. I know because I did it this morning while looking for your Thanksgiving turkey post from last year. Stacia reminded me about the fabulous turkey and I wanted to read your tips. Granted a creepo would have to spend a lot of time going through each post, but I just wanted to let you know that your old posts can still be read by anyone.
I realized that, too, earlier today. Bummer. Is there any way to take those links off?
I think so, because I know that I've read other blogs that don't have an older post link. I'm not sure how you would take it off though...I'll look into it...ya know cuz I'm such a computer whiz!
Kim...
Having a Dyson myself makes me want to vaccum everyday! I don't even let the kids or my husband vaccum! It is my precious vaccum and it does a great job! What I love about it, because of my huge beast of a dog that lives in my house....it has no bag....no smell...just dump and throw away! And ofcourse the long hose! Love it! We bought it at Costco!
I just popped over from Tiffani's and I have had a Dyson for over 3 years. It is so good it sucks the color right off of your carpet. Seriously it is wonderful.
Hi,
This is Nicole's sister, Dani---as far as the ebay thing goes, I would check into looking at a "dispute" if he tries to leave bad feedback--you can say you have pictures to prove the damage in the feedback as well--people can email through ebay to find out more information. They used to have something called square trade--not sure if that is what it is called still. Good luck, I wouldn't have accepted it either!!!
In the future, make sure you read their feedback comments before buying :)
Post a Comment