Many of you know about my weight loss journey. It took me 8 months to lose 40 pounds and I've maintained that weight loss for 7 months now. But many of you don't know about my MOM'S weight loss journey. She decided last January that she was going to go back on Weight Watcher's for the umpteenth time and stick with it for an ENTIRE YEAR! No cheating, no excuses, no giving up. By the end of the year she would re-evaluate her progress, and go from there. Because she lives in Utah, I don't get to see her that often. Well, she came over for about 5 days for Halloween and I about wet my pants!!! I hardly recognized her!!! Since January 1st of this year she has lost an amazing 60 pounds!!! I'm so proud of her. She is turning 64 this year and you wouldn't have guessed that would you?!?! She is only 10 pounds from her goal weight, something she would never guessed would be achievable when she started this 10 months ago.
So check these out:
Here we are in July of 2006 - definitely my heaviest!!

and here we are just a couple of weeks ago:
So between the two of us, we've lost 100 pounds!!! Yay for us! Fatties no more, huh Mom?!?
19 comments:
You look awesome and so does your mom! This is really inspiring me to stop making exuses and start kicking this pregnancy weight's booty. Great work.
Kim, You and your mom are smokin'! Way to go!
Wow, now those are the two hottest women I've ever seen!
But who is that little ham in between you guys?
You guys look fantastic! You should be incredibly proud!
Why can't I get motivated? I used to be 191, I got down to 165, and now I'm up to 177 again. You guys look great.
WOW Kim! You guys are AWESOME!
I have to add though, that you never looked like that in person!
kudos to your mom, she is amazing! a whole year? WOW!
That is so inspiring. You both look amazing!
You both look so fabulous! Congrats to both of your for the 100!
I do love that Cameron is sneakin in on the camera fun!
You guys look amazing and should be so proud of yourselves.
Good grief!! Could you mention anything else in my life that was a secret??? :) But since it is out there and not wanting to be called senile by my oldest...and especially not wanting to be called a story-teller...check the calendar...it is #64 for me! :)Kim...it is so much more obvious for you than me!! That was not the best picture of me...I need my skinny jeans!! :) You, on the other hand are just beautiful!! But I have to tell you going from a size 18/20 to a size 10 has been the thrill of my life!! And to all of you out there who think you can't do this...I am here to tell you that IF I CAN, YOU CAN!! ?Suzi...hop on here!!! Thanks, Kimi, for all your encouragement!! Chris...you can do it again...just get back to doing it!! I still have those last stubborn 10, so let's do it together!! Jeff...I am so flattered!! You remain at the top of my list for sons-in-law!!:)
Shoot, Mom, I knew that! 64 not 63!!! Even more impressive! You don't look a day over 29!!
Kim, this is so awesome! I am very impressed! You and your mom look awesome! Congrats on the big accomplishment that you and your mom did together! Soo cool!
Wow!! And I agree, you NEVER looked like that in person.
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go see her and give her a hug!!! OH MY GOSH! AMAZING! Yea!!!!!
Wow, that is amazing. When I saw your mom at the ward party I thought how much thinner she looked and wanted to say something but didn't. I should have! Way to go! And seriously, that first picture of you is insane, you NEVER looked like that.
Very impressive and amazing! What a cute duo you guys are! Congrats! I know that is not an easy thing to accomplish and you guys did a great job!
Gari Jo has started a blog...
www.sgckmapowell.blogspot.com
she is going to keep us posted on Scott with this...so set up an account so you can post to hers too!!
I need a computer!!!! :)
You guys look amazing, truly inspiring! WW here I come!!!
Post a Comment