November 15, 2006

When Fat Burns.....

I recently decided to get off my laziness and start exercising. If you really knew me, you'd know how difficult this decision is for me. I can't stand exercising!!! I have zero endurance, I sweat like crazy, and I find no enjoyment in it. So, while the treadmill collects dust, the weight bench has become a storage shelf, my Pilates videos are all buried under the plethora of Disney movies, I have tried to come up with excuse after excuse not to exercise. It all has to change! I decided to walk. I can't run, but I can walk. I strapped Maddie in the lounging stroller, gave her a bottle and she was out. I started to walk around the block, then moved onto the next street, that street became a few more streets which turned into several blocks, and you get the idea. I was speed-walking, trying to only step once, twice tops, in a single sidewalk square. I know, corny. But it kept me moving. So while I'm pushing the stroller, I'm heaving a little, working up a little perspiration, it must be doing something! But then my legs start itching. It's not that cold out, my hiney is itching, my thighs, and then I remember someone told me when fat burns, it itches!! So then I'm thinking "Keep itching baby! You've become a fat-scratching, speed-walking machine!" When I was back home, after completing the hugest circle this neighborhood has to offer, I got in the car and drove the exact route I just walked. It was exactly 3 miles!!! I was so proud of myself. So that's become my new exercise regime. I'm shooting for this walk maybe 3 times a week. Anyone else want to scratch fat with me?

9 comments:

tharker said...

Itch baby itch!! You're crackin me up!

Anonymous said...

Kim, that's hilarious! When my fat burns it doesn't itch, it seriously feels like I have a pulse in my rear and on the back of my thighs(where most of my fat collects, of course). Good luck with your new regime, all of you girls that exercise are my inspiration!

PRP said...

Way to go Kim! If you want to itch in a slightly warmer environment, I'm at the mall every Tuesday and Thursday morning just after 9. I'd love another partner! I was by myself yesterday and it stunk!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with itchy fat! I'd love to join you but my walks are slightly less brisk with 4 or 5 kids in tow. Keep up the walking and I can't wait to see you in your wedding dress!

meohmyers said...

Ha! That wedding dress. Yeah, and if I'm lucky, by March it will be too big for me, too!

Karen, how many kids do you have to take with you? Tues and Thurs I would have Ally and Maddie. But that would be great!

susie said...

Congrats on getting out, Kim! I'm so not feeling like exercising AT ALL right now! I told myself I would, but this pregnancy has been exhausting! I still have 3 months to go and I can't wait to be done!

Anonymous said...

Great job getting out. I can't believe you got 3 miles out of Loviisa Farms! WTG!!! It would be great seeing you at the mall from time to time.

PRP said...

I have Aidan and Sienna and I don't let them slow me down, even when it means pulling them in a red wagon throughout the mall because my double stroller has been broken forever. Brad's trying to fix it again now so maybe it'll be a quieter ride tomorrow!

Alicia Leppert said...

Kim, I promise to join you someday when my house is germ free. Monday, I am set to be scratching some fat with you.