March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!


I just love Easter. I love all the traditions that we carry on for our kids, letting them wake up really early to find baskets like these waiting for them, going on an egg hunt in the wee hours of the morning so we could still get ready for church on time. They love it and we love it. This morning was a little crazy because of 9am church but I'm happy to say we did the baskets, an egg hunt, baths, showers, 6 people dressed and hair combed and out the door to be at church by 8:50 this morning. We are good!



The kids woke up to find these waiting downstairs for them.




Looks like our eggs were "cracking up" in the fridge, doesn't it?





My kids love helping make the "Debel Eggs". They love to peel them and this year Maddie decided she wanted to help. After scooting her chair over to the island, she climbed right up, grabbed an egg, layed down and started peeling her egg over the trash can. I have to say she did an awesome job right up until she broke it open, took out the yoke, placed it in a bowl and threw away the white part. Oh well.








Don't they look so cute in their new easter outfits? Ally was determined to get this polk-a-dotted dress and luckily I found some cute coordinating ties for the boys.

We sure hope you all had a great Easter Sunday. We sure did. The talks and lessons at church today were wonderful and definitely kept this day in perspective. Happy Easter!

28 comments:

::lindsay said...

It looks like you had a fun Easter. I love the pictures of your kids. They are so cute in their Easter outfits. I'm impressed you were able to get all that stuff done before early church!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Your kids totally scored on the Easter Basket. My kids are probably going to put their easter baskets out at your house next year. They look so fun!

Jan said...

That was a major pack of goodness. You have a beautiful family Kim and you are doing a great job as a mother. They looked great headed for church. Love the eggs too. They are so funny with the faces. Have a good week Kim.
Jan

tharker said...

I love your kids' outfits! They all look adorable.

And seriously! My kids are going to park their baskets outside your door next year too if they see this post! Those are some fun baskets.

Happy Easter! (A day late ;)

Heather said...

Very cute outfits!

Jessica said...

So cute! I love their outfits! We had 9:00 church too, Shay was up at 5:45! So by the end of church there were three tired kids!

PRP said...

Adorable! Your kids scored on the baskets. Looks like a fun, fun day.

Sarah said...

Your family looks so fun! Way to get out there early and provide some fun before your 9:oo church. That's impressive.

Kris said...

Love the girls dresses! Very impressed that you got all of that done before 9 a.m. church! Way to go, Kim!

Anonymous said...

I love the outfits, they look amazing. way to go with the hunt, showers, and all the rest that is an amazing feat.

meohmyers said...

Thanks, everyone!

Jeff will be so flattered reading these comments about the Easter baskets! It was all him this year. He was on call on Saturday and by 2:00 that afternoon the baskets still weren't purchased. I made him do it since I would've had all the kids with me. When we were putting their baskets together with all that he purchased, he said, "I went a little overboard, didn't I?" Yeah, a little but the kids loved it!

Sara said...

I love the outfits and the kids totaly scored on their baskets.

Chris said...

I can't believe Maddie threw away the white part of the eggs. That is blasphemy! We didn't have enough deviled eggs this year for me to try and beat my personal eating record.

meohmyers said...

I always think of you, Chris, when I make deviled eggs. What is your magic number? 38 in one sitting?

Kate said...

You have such an adorable family :) Looks like Easter was wonderful over there in your house!

Chris said...

36. I could have had more too, but we ran out.

Brenda said...

Way to go Jeff! I think he should start a new tradition and get the baskets every year... Your kids look so happy. I'm glad you had a great Easter.

Alicia Leppert said...

I just love Easter too. I love all the traditions. I can't believe you did an early morning egg hunt. Wasn't in freezing? What a fun day at the Myers.

Alicia Leppert said...

It. It freezing.

meohmyers said...

This Easter Bunny stayed indoors. No way were we doing an egg hunt outside at 7am!!

susie said...

They are definitely one cute bunch!!!

Ryan said...

Wholly cow, 36 six eggs, I can feel my heart stopping just thinking of that.

We too had 9am church, but we cancelled all morning meetings except Bishopric so my church morning got to start at 8 instead of the usual 6:30am. Thank you Easter.

Looks like your kids will have a few trips to the dentist in store for them with all that candy.

Jodi said...

So cute! Davis loved seeing Brady in his red robe!! :)

Brynn said...

Such a cute little family. I love the girls dresses. I love easter, it's such a fun day. The boys are also very handsome. Love the eggs too.

Love the music your playing. That is my favorite part of the movie. I think we've watched the movie like 12 times since last week when I bought it.

Ms. Kristen said...

Fun Easter!

We need another preschool lunch to share ideas! How is next week for you?

meohmyers said...

Lunch sounds great! What about Thursday? I'll call you!

Kristi said...

I'm so impressed that you were able to do all of your Easter activities in the morning and still make it to church on time -- with 10 minutes to spare! Wow! So impressed.

meohmyers said...

I forgot to mention breakfast was thrown in there, too. Even more impressive, huh? :)