Ally came home from school beaming yesterday with these awards in hand! It was brought to my attention at her Parent Teacher conference last Wednesday that she has perfect attendance so far this year! (I never realized she hadn't missed a day of school!) Her teacher said when school started again on Monday that she would have a special certificate for her for not missing a single day of school. So Ally told me that Mrs. Werst gave her this certificate, this ribbon, 2 packages of fruit snacks, and 2 pencils. I asked if anyone else got the same certificate and she said, "Nope! I was the only one!" Way to go, Ally!
Then it got me thinking, yeah, she's never stayed home from school for being sick. Luckily, even with the horrible sicknesses that were making the rounds this season - mono, bronchitis, strep throat, the flu, pink eye, and pneumonia to name a few - my family avoided all of it! Can you hear me knocking on wood right now? I'm so glad the only thing I've had to worry about this winter was Maddie's runny nose. That's it. That's even while running a preschool in my home! We're exposed to everything going around which I guess may explain the higher immunity to it all, too. Anyway, I'm grateful for no illnesses this winter!
Now if only the sunshine would heat things up a little bit!
Oh, and thanks Brynnley for the reminder! I'm off to buy this fantastic movie!
14 comments:
Seriously, we need to drink the water at your house or something cause our luck has not been so good...AT. ALL. Yay for Ally and her award...we don't even aspire to that one around here. :-)
Congratulations Ally! And Kim. Having 0 sick kids deserves a pat on the back in my book!
Way to go Ally. That is really great because the sickness bugs have been out in full force this year. Way to battle them off. Enchanted is on my to get movie too. I think Ed will like it alot. Oh, I mean Miss Mattie. (he will be watching too though)LOL. His favorite show is still Parent Trap. Funny man.
Congratulations!! We got the sick bugs more than once at our house!! YUCK!! That is quite an accomplishment, way to go MOM and Ally!!
Fabulous job Ally. We missed that movie in the theaters, it's on our must see list too.
I can't wait to get this movie! Way to go on the perfect attendance. That's unheard of for the most part. I can't believe that none of you have gotten the crud going around. I guess I need to start a preschool to avoid getting sick!
She looks so happy! Great job on missing out onthe sickies Kim and fam!
I haven't seen this movie yet, but I really want to get it. It looks and sounds so cute.
Way to go Ally. Perfect attendance! She's already an overachiever.
Impressive! So many people were sick this year so that is truly quite a feat!
That is so great! It's such a blessing when you're kids are healthy and they like going to school. Keep up the good work!
way to go on the perfect attendence, we have not been so lucky in fact my two youngest can not seem to get over their yucky coughs.
What a beautiful child! She belongs on a magazine cover!
Congrats to her on her wonderful achievement!
Somehow our family escaped all the illnesses that were going around this season too. And yes, I am knocking on wood too.
That is a great accomplishment for Ally! So exciting. I haven't seen this movie yet. I need to add it to my Que at BB!
Way to go on the perfect attendance. Thats great!! That was very sweet that the teacher did that. I love good teachers. The movie is great, we've already watched it 4 times in 2 days. Love it.
Post a Comment