September 28, 2007

Rest in Peace


I am in mourning. My digital camera has kicked the bucket. It's the one that suffered a drowning in the Wailua River in Hawaii but we brought back to life. It gave us another good year and just couldn't go any further. I sure do miss it. I have been using my old camera and am still waiting to fill that 35 mm film with 24 great pictures to go get developed. Isn't that crazy? With my digital camera, I could take 100 pictures a week and not think twice about it, plug it into my computer, upload the ones I wanted to my blog and print the ones I wanted printed. But since that camera is broken, I've had to use my old school camera. I am much more particular about the pictures I take and it's taken me more than a week to only take 13 pictures!! What's the deal? I know I've got some good ones on there and I'll post all about them once they're developed. So old-fashioned, I know. I just want my old digital camera back! How long must I suffer? What a convenience it is to live in a technological world. Keep checking back though!

8 comments:

tharker said...

35mm, what's that?

So at this rate, you should have your roll full in about a week huh? That sounds so funny.

Great song for this post!

Chris said...

Is that the only reason you haven't posted something in so long? I was expecting to read something like, "Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. Brady and Cameron were having diarrhea out of their ears, and we couldn't figure out why."

Sarah said...

That IS a tragedy. Makes you realize how spoiled we are to have the technology and awesome toys that we do. Hope you can get a new one soon.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Ok, when Taps started, I just about fell off the chair! That was pretty funny. I too would deeply mourn losing my digital. As well as all my kids. they constantly snatch it to take to all their events. It is well used and so darn easy! How can you even stand using something that slow?
By the way, you're a celebrity now. I was talking to my good friends in my primary presidency about blogs and their favorite blog is yours! They all want to meet you! So when you have time in your busy schedule, we'll have to have a fan reception up here for you!

susie said...

So sad...but so fun to go camera shopping!!! :)

Carolyn said...

I'm part of that fan club Julie's talking about! My name's Carolyn (you can link to my blog from Julie's) I'm originally from Kennewick and my hubby's from Richland.

I can relate to life without a digital camera. My 3-year-old threw mine off the top of the stairs a few months ago! I had to wait until my birthday to get a new one.

meohmyers said...

A fan club?!? Don't make my head swell now!

Thanks for commenting, Carolyn! I peeked over at your blog and noticed we both have an "Ally"! You have a beautiful family!

Alicia Leppert said...

I seriously sat here thinking, "Why can't you upload the pictures?" I couldn't even remember that cameras used to not be able to upload to computers. How sad is that? I would die without my d.c.